Mr Sykes- Chapter Seventeen

I locked myself away in my bedroom for almost four days. I didn't speak to anyone, I didn't move and I starved my self. There was no more tears left to cry. I reached for my phone, 7:28am. I had 23 missed calls, 62 messages and 4 voicemails.

Nathan

Nathan

Nathan

Lucy

Mom

Nathan

Lucy

Lucy

I scrolled through each of their messages, smiling at their concern about me. But Nathan's stood out most. I opened up a voice mail to hear that hoarse, southern accent that I had missed

'Liz, darling, I'm so worried about you since the accident in PE. I haven't heard from you since so I know something isn't right. Please call or text me and let me know you're okay. I miss you. I hope each day to see your beautiful face stroll into class, but I miss it. I miss you. Please let me know you're okay.'

A tear slipped down my cheek at his concern about me. I had to see him.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and stood up stumbling slightly and heading towards my wardrobe. I picked out my black leggings, red converse and white american t-shirt accompanied by a red wooly jumper since there was a snowfall last night. I walked over to my dresser and sat down, studying my face in the mirror. My skin was dropping beneath my eyes and the skin on my cheeks had become dry and weak. I looked horrible. I sighed before attempting to fix such a sight with some foundation before throwing my hair up into a bun. I rushed out of the door skipping breakfast and headed towards college.

--------

I stood outside the classroom staring at his drooping face. His pretty smile wasn't plastered on his face like usual. His eyes were sleepy, as if he hadn't slept for days. He looked so upset. And I had caused it. I opened the door gaining his attention. His eyes looked at me confusingly as if he was dreaming. He scanned my face before smiling like a child at Christmas.

'L-Liz?' he stumbled. I sent him a weak smile before opening my arms wide. He stood up, slowly walking towards me and pulling me into his chest. I missed that warmth of his chest against mine. He pulled back placing his hands on my waist staring into my eyes.

'I've been so fucking worried about you, where have you been?'

'long story. I shouldn't even be here right now, my mom doesn't know that I'm here, but I had to see you. I need you Nathan. I need you more than anything' I cried instantly being pulled into his chest again. He shushed me and kissed my temple before resting his head on my shoulder.

'Erm, Mr Sykes?' We was interrupted by that cold harsh tone I hated. We pulled apart quickly and coughed awkwardly, raising my hand to the back of my head.

'Mr George? Erm, yes sir?'

'Can I have a word immediately outside, now'

Shit. I ran past them quickly and hid around the corner, spying on what that git had to say. He dragged Nathan out side of the classroom, which nobody was in, before nearly shouting. He tried to keep his tone down, trying not to attract attention.

'What's going on?' Mr George shouted through gritted teeth.

'It's not what it looks like! God, no! She came to me very upset and I tried my best to comfort her, is that a crime?'

'Well that best be what it was. Because if it was anything more, you're looking at a horrible future, Mr Sykes,' Nathan clenched his fists making me sigh lightly, 'oh and don't think I'll let this slip!'

He turned his back on Nathan and walked off. He threw his hands through his hair as he panicked and walked back into class slamming the door. I shook my head as the bell rang, signalling to go to lesson. I walked towards the class room taking a deep breath before strolling back in. I took my seat not glancing up to him. He didn't say a word.

'ELIZABETH' I smiled as Lucy ran towards me wrapping her arms around me. 'Long time no see, we were all worried about you you daft git!'

I laughed, 'Thanks'. She pointed towards Nathan,

'He's been acting strange too since you left, miserable old bag' she rolled her eyes looking away as I sent daggers to the back of her head.

I glanced up towards Nathan as he paced the classroom back and fourth, back and fourth. I watched him carefully before there was a knock on the door, snapping his attention to the sound.

'Urgh-ugh come in' he hesitated. 

The door hinged open slowly,

'Can Elizabeth Daley and Mr Sykes go to Mrs Lees office now please?'

'I-i have a class?' he questioned gaining a shrug from the messenger stood confused at the door.

'Shit' I huffed standing up and walking out of the room towards the heads office, panicking, quickly followed by the sound of Nathan's footsteps.

-------

2/2 woo
hope you like it. I can't wait to write the next chapters so they should be with you soon.
comment vote share
twitter- @_thewantedleaxx

ily thankyou so much:3:3