Mr Sykes- Chapter Thirty One(end)

*Nathans P.O.V*

I spent two days watching over her in the hospital, taking care of her, cherishing the last moments I would have to spend with her. She lay lifeless, weak, frail, still in the hospital bed, not even flexing a muscle. The doctors had put her on a support machine to help her breathing steady, but even that wouldn't gain her another day. She lay lifeless, as if she was put on an induced coma. We hadn't spoke. We hadn't kissed. Nothing. Her mom popped in every hour or so to check how she was, but carried her life on as normal. I stayed with her as much as I could, fighting to stay by her side.

My eyes flickered in tiredness, causing a deep, long yawn. I rubbed my eyes, continuing to stare at the bleak, white walls we were used to. I interlocked our hands, hoping for her to wake up in the last few hours we had before the doctors turned the machines off for good. I rubbed circles on her palm, just like she used to love. I studied her face, tears threatening to fall.

'I need you.' I whispered gently.

----

*Liz's P.O.V*

I opened my eyes slowly, meeting with the bright white light above me causing me to squint. A pain shot through my arms letting out a loud yelp and in a matter of seconds he was stood above me.

'Nathan?'

'Are you okay? Are you awake? Stay with me!'

I smiled hearing his voice again, showing the concern he had.

'Nathan I'm fine. Where am I?' I quizzed, my voice hardly audible.

'Hospital' he replied reluctantly, wiping his tears away with the back of his sleeve.

My smile soon disappeared, my heart aching at his sadness. It hurt to see him in such a state-all because of me.

'Why?' I asked, taking quick glances around the room.

He stared at me sympathetically, pushing the hair from my face.

'T-The leukemia, it's spread much quicker than the doctors had hoped. But you're going to get through this, you've done it twice before, so why should today be any different?'

I could tell by the tone and hesitation of his voice that something wasn't right, but I stayed reluctant from asking.

I rubbed my thumb across his hand, causing him to look into my eyes.

'How long have I been here for?'

'About two days.' he sighed.

'Seriously?'

He hummed in response, causing me to smile slightly, soon turning into a frown.

'Nathan it hurts' I winced in pain, closing my eyes.

'Hey, stay with me. The doctors wil be here soon, and you'll be okay.' he choked, raising his hand to my cheek.

'Nathan I'm tired.'

His tone raised slightly, causing me to flicker my eyes open,

'No, no, no, don't you dare! Don't dare leave me now, you can't'

I struggled to keep my eyes open, concerning Nathan.

'Liz, stay awake.'

'Nathan-'

I opened my eyes fighting through the pain, noticing tears falling down his face. I reached my hand up to his, wiping his tears away, causing him to chuckle slightly, 'I love you so much.'

'Liz, please, don't say that-come on please, you can't leave me. Not now. Not ever.'

His tears ran quicker as I closed my eyes sleepily.

'But Nathan, I'm tired. I-I just want to sleep.'

'Open your eyes, please Liz.'

I fought through the pain, struggling to keep my eyes open.

'Liz, I love you so much.'

'I love you too Nath.'

'I need you. Please- you can't leave me, I love you too much. I'm going to get the doctors and we're going to get you out of here, yeah? Look at me-'

My eyes slowly closed shut, tiredness consuming me, forcing me to back down my fight for the final time, letting the darkness take over me.

'Liz, Liz? Wake up, please, open your eyes, Elizabeth-'

The only sound to be heard was Nathans voice, shouting after someone.

'Nurse! Nurse, somebody please help-get the fucking Nurse!'

I heard the door fling open, before the darkness soon turned into a bright white light in the distance. I moved towards the light, the sound around me soon becoming audible and faint.

An echo of beeping flooded around me, consuming my thoughts before the machines were shut down and my breathing cut off.

'Goodbye, Liz'

-----

THATS IT

Thankyou all for reading it means so much

I'll be starting another fanfic about

nathan and a girl growing up together and he goes off to join a band but it will be so cute oh my god

Thankyou for all comments votes reads means so much

TWEET ME @_thewantedleaxx

I love you all xxxxxxxxx