Mr Sykes- Chapter Thirty

*Liz's P.O.V*

"I'm sorry Miss Daley, I really am"

I held back my tears as I choked on my words, restricting me from saying anything. I heard Nathan shout from next to me although my thoughts collected in my head, couldn't quite make out what he was saying. The doctor gave us a sympathetic look.

'I know it's hard, but It's best if you starting saying your goodbyes.'

"No." I mumbled, quickly raising my tone.

"No!" I repeated, shaking my head in disbelief. Nathan threw his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest-his attempt to calm me down. He ran his fingers through my hair as I sobbed violently into his chest.

Nathan whispered down my ear, causing me to shiver slightly under his touch.

"You can fight this, Liz, I know you can"

"N-nathan, I-i can't, I really can't"

"Yes. You can, and you will."

We sat in silence for what seemed like forever, the only sound to be heard was the tears and the sniffles that ran down our cheeks.

'One week' I mumbled, 't-that's all.'

-----------

*3 days later*

It had been a three days since I was told I only had a week to live, and ever since-my healtg had been deteriorating. My Mom took care of me day and night, checking up on me constantly. It was hard for her to deal with. We weren't really as close as we'd like to be, so to leave her behind was an awful feeling. And as for Nathan, he never left my side. As much as I insisted he went home to Gloucester to spend Christmas with his family, he protested against it.

'How are you feeling?' he joined me on the couch, throwing my legs over his lap.

'The usual' I sighed, 'although my headaches come back, chuck us the paracetamol please?'

Nathan reached out forward onto the table grabbing the tablets, chucking them towards me. I opened up the packet checking all the holes to find it was empty.

'Shit'

'Whats wrong?'

'Were all out' I threw the packet back onto the table, sending Nathan a sympathetic look.

'Wait here, I'll be back in a minute'

'You don't have to-'

'It's just across the street' he laughed, 'Call me if you need me' I smiled as he kissed my temple before standing up and grabbing his wallet off the side.

'I love you'

'I love you too'

He walked out of the door saying a quick goodbye.

----

*Nathan's P.O.V*

I walked out of the door heading down the block of stairs to the chemist across the street. All I could think about was Liz. I knew she was nearing the end now, i could see it by the frailness of her face, but I couldn't let her go. I loved her to much. She was the only thing I still cared about and I couldn't live without her. Fuck why was this happening.

I shook my head, pulling on the straps of my hoody before crossing the street carefully. I entered the shop quickly looking for the drug section. I got agitated too easily unable to find them.

'Fuck sake.'

I finally found the paracetamol, quickly grabbing them and rushing to the checkout. I handed over my money, shoving them into my pockets and walking out of the shop. I was hit by the cold breeze, daggering my skin. I walked to the edge of the road, checking for cars before jogging back over to her house. I placed the key in the door, turning it clockwise. I opened the door, silently walking into the living room.

'I've got the par- Liz?' my eyes widened at the sight before me. Her body was sprawled unconsciously across the floor. I dropped my jacket rushing to her side. I fell on my knees resting her limp head on my lap, shaking her gently calling after her in hope she would wake up.

'Liz, Liz darling, please wake up, p-please' I cried, reaching for my phone dialling 999.

'Ambulance,'

'this cannot be happening, please, not now!' my sobs became louder, choking my words down the phone.

'M-my girlfriend is unconscious, sh-she has leukemia, please just fucking come quick' I hung up, rocking her body to and fro gently.

'This can't happen. Not now.'

----

Last chapter tomorrow awhhh I'm so sad
tomorrow will be emotional just saying

thankyou for everyone sticking by me yeah and there will be a new fanfic(: look out for it
----

COMMENT VOTE READ ILY