Mr Sykes- Chapter Nine

I woke up screaming, sweating, crying. I shot up on what seemed like a hospital bed grabbing my shoulder as a wincing pain shot right through it. I cluched it tightly as a hand grabbed mine, shushing me quietly. I glanced over at the figure sat next to me shaking violently. Instantly I was pulled into the warmth of their chest and at this I point couldnt care less who it was. I sobbed into their chest as their hand rubbed the back of my head, still shushing me, telling me everything would be alright. I looked up into those pair of green eyes, overlooked with worry and selflessness. Their familiar scent engulfing me in calmess. I knew who it was instantly. Nathan. A crowd of people flooded in, guessing they were doctors and nurses, wondering what was going on and why I was screaming, before one shortish, blond haired man began speaking,

'Miss Daley, is everything okay?' he pulled out his clip board and shooed everybody else out of the room, gesturing for Nathan to leave before he shook his head.

'What's going on? W-why am I here? Where am I? Somebody answer me please!' I begged pleading to Nathan. He rested his hand on my cheek to calm me down.

'I think I'll leave this down to your boyfriend to tell you' he trailed off, smiling slightly and walking back outside the door, carefully shutting the door.

'Boyfriend? No he isn't my-great he's gone' I rolled my eyes, turning to face Nathan looking slightly upset.

'Not your boyfriend?' he teased biting his lip at me.

'Now isn't the time Nathan, please tell me what's going on?' I begged. He sighed loudly before joining my on the side of the bed, lacing our fingers together. He turned to face me,

'Look...when you walked off from me and into college you didn't exactly make it through the doors,' I raised my eyebrow intrigued, 'I was talking to Mr Wickes just after you left, you know, about grades and shit no one finds fucking interesting, and I heard a scream. I looked over to see you lay on the floor, wincing in pain in a pool of blood and I ran towards you as fast as I could to see some perverted freak stood in front of you. I didn't even have chance to think before I hit him. I punched him. Knocked him cold out. Yes...I'm in trouble for that, but I wouldn't let anyone hurt a student, especially you. But, I saw the stab wound in your shoulder and wrapped it in my jacket and lay with you until the ambulance came. It may have looked weird but I honestly don't give a shit. All I was worried about was if you was okay, and then you lost unconsciousness. I panicked so much. I was so scares. I stayed in the ambulance with you and hey, now look where we are,' he emphasised sarcastically loolimg around the white walls of the room.  I opened my eyes In shock before pressing my lips against his, feeling him smile into the kiss. I threw my arms around his next, and his around my waist. He pulled away gasping for air.

'Thankyou,' I whispered, blushing slightly.

'Hey, now lie down and take a rest before I do something I'll regret at a later stage!' he winked.

'You wouldn't!' I teased.

'Oh I would, you'll see' he raised his eyebrow lying me down and tracing circles gently on my hand.

------------

Thankyou so much! 250 reads AND I'LL UPDATE, comment vote it means so much ily:3