Chapter 1

I wanna thank everyone who has honored me (and is still honoring) by reading this humble fanfic, especially the ones who can relate to Becky. 😘

Chapter 01 -

Chapter 01 -

The damned box was so heavy that Becky really doubted she could lift it, let alone accomplish anything in this life, whatsoever. But tenacity had always been her motto. She would never give up! It didn't matter if that huge freakin' box weighed a ton, the elevator was out of order and there were at least a flight of stairs or two to go...

"Damn it! Crap!"

"Um, lady, are you all right?"

Becky, flushed, a little sweaty and disheveled, caught herself staring at the guy who was apparently trying to offer her some assistance. She analyzed him, and concluded that his chances of carrying her boxes upstairs were as viable as Timon carrying Mufasa and Pumbaa to the top of Pride Rock.

"Thanks, but I'm okay. Besides, those are delicate stuff. That was supposed to be the moving company responsibility, but the assholes left me alone doing everything! Figures. Why the hell did I choose the cheapest. Great way to start the year, not to mention this crappy ornamental elevator."

The guy couldn't suppress a laugh and Becky felt a little embarrassed. She had to pay attention to her colorful vocabulary in front of random people... She couldn't keep behaving like a pirate, justifiable or not.

"I'm sorry. Becky Carlson." she shook his hand, warmly.

"Leonard Hofstadter. And the elevator was kinda our fault here..." He shook hers, beaming.

This Leonard had nice hands, by the way, she mused. Not really large or small... She could never understand the reason why one had to shake hands, or applaud... Applauding was so bizarre... Wait, where was she? Oh, yes, she came back to the hall and to Leonard and her stuff all over the floor, ready to be moved upstairs.

"Are you okay, Miss Carlson?"

She nearly jumped with fright. The distraction...

"Becky." She waved her surname away, gesticulating hard to make her point. "And no, actually, I'm not okay, Leonard. I wish I were the fucking Hulk or something, to transport those boxes, like, now. Anyway, I'm nearly turning into some furious green monster."

"Oh, God." Leonard stared at her, puzzled and amazed. He was smiling and not in a checking-her-out sort of way...

"Hm? Please, clarify."

"You're a geek. A... girl geek. Is that even possible?!"

"I don't like stereotypes. I'm a girl that happens to like variety. I'm not like those losers who live in their parents' basement playing videogame the whole day and living off pizzas and nacho."

That hurt Leonard so much he felt like... He felt like High School.

"You say you don't like stereotypes", he said bluntly, "and what is to say to your hypocrisy right now? 'I'm not like those losers who live in their parents' basement playing videogame the whole day and living off pizzas and nacho'? Hmmm?"