Chapter 9

Chapter 09 -

Sheldon couldn't be happier to go and eat the Cheesecake Factory's Barbecue Burger. He would even request that Becky served him. She would probably be so honored...

As usual, Penny was there, as perky as ever.

"Sooo, what can I get you? And that was rhetorical." She said animatedly, winking especially at Sheldon.

"I'm so glad you are expanding your vocabulary, Penny!" he said, sounding sincere, to which Penny considered extremely offensive and derogatory, "I take this must have something to do with the new waitress influence. Where is she, by the way?"

"You mean Becky. She's not here. She doesn't work here anymore." She said, still annoyed.

"What do you mean by 'she's not here?!' Why, this is absurd! She was here just yesterday!" said Sheldon, sounding extremely agitated for his standards.

"I know... But she was waaay too clumsy to even pretend to be a waitress... Good for her, anyway. But hey, don't be like that, Shel. She said she loves you very much and that you're the best thing that ever happened in her life."

Sheldon's blue eyes became wider and rounder than they already were.

"She said all that?!"

"Nah, of course not. I'm just pulling your legs, dummie! But yeah, she did lose her job. So, I'll be right back with you guys orders! See ya!"

And she left. Penny 5, Sheldon -1.

"Wow, now that girl has style, Leonard!" said Howard. "No one can humiliate Sheldon in so very few words. I love her so much more already."

"I know..." said Leonard, dreamily, "She seems more perfect every single day..."

"Good, I am so happy you are having fun at my expense."

"So are we, of course." mocked Howard.

"Do enjoy yourselves, gentlemen. These precious moments will be rare."

"So, Sheldon..." said Leonard, to change the subject and ease the tension, "What do you reckon happened to Becky?"

"I don't have to 'reckon' anything, Leonard. Your GF has just informed us, hasn't she?"

"Yep, that she has." said Leonard, sighing, defeated.

"And she has also informed us", began Wolowitz, "how much Becky 'loves you and craves for you and, oh, how thou art the love of her life'. Turned out to be a big fat lie, though..."

"Oh, here we go..." mourned Leonard, hiding his face behind his palms.

"You think you're so smart, Wolowitz. But what I heard, even though it might be a lie, is the closest thing to what you will never hear. Now, if you will all excuse me, I should go."

Sheldon left the table and Howard was mortally wounded by his remark. He felt like bursting into tears. He would probably do that when he got home... to his mother...

"Dude, that was weak!" said Raj. "I should go and beat him! This is not something one should say to a friend."

"He provoked, Raj... He was well aware of the consequences..."

"Oh, please, I'm fine, gentlemen. Do you think good and old Howie cares about what that wacko says?"

"No, of course not! They were all lies. Tell you what, dude. After we finish eating here, we go out to score some hot chicks!"