Reason fifteen,

Dear Aunt Marie,

You took care of me for the first few years of my life, while my father was in prison with my mother. Although It could've easily been the worst years of my life. You never gave me any attention. I was 3 Marie, 3 and you left me alone all day, maybe a few in a row.

I was starved by the time you came home, I think i remember you setting a bowl down with water, and another one with mac and cheese then left like I was some sort of animal. I just pretended that you were there with me, to play games, watch tv with.

but you weren't ever there. Do you remember when I ran away when I was 6? you didn't look for me, I don't even think you thought I was alive. But once my parents were out of prison, I was forced back home from where I stayed.

But do me a favor, and go to the church down on main street on the 25th Okay? try to apologize. It would mean the world. thanks for leaving me to die.

Sincerely Hated,
Max Moore.

Marie looked at the letter before here. The ink was neatly written on the paper, but somehow she smudged the ink on the page. She didn't shed a tear. She remembered how Max ruined her life. but in all reality she ruined Max's life. Max wasn't a dog. That's when the emptiness hit her like a truck.