The Promise

The beggar unwrapped the sandwich the way one would unwrap a valuable and fragile artefact. Without any haste he started eating it.

Well, Peter should have at least noticed that, but he didn't. The young beggar's eyes still shedding tears, but now bright, were looking at him, and they were quite captivating. And it was not only these wonderful green eyes full of joy and light that captivated Peter. The young beggar was, probably, the most gorgeous boy that Peter had ever seen. He couldn't stop admiring him.

So, they sat one next to the other, without speaking but smiling until the beggar finished eating the sandwich and for a little more.

Theoretically Peter knew he liked men. After all, whenever he masturbated he imagined having sex with men. But in reality, he had never found anyone that erotically or even sexually had excited him. But the young beggar in front of him did both effortlessly.

Not only Peter had a hard on, but some very tender and loving feelings were constantly generating inside him for the young beggar. "I am Peter", he said tending his hand.

The beggar took it gently in his own and shook it. "Peter, it is nice to meeting you. I am Yusmota, but please call me Jack".

"Yusmota? What a strange name! I don't mean it in a bad way..."

"I know... I know you don't."

"Thanks... I can say it, well I think... Do I pronounce it wrongly? It is Yusmota, isn't it?"

"No! You say it perfectly. You cannot imagine how much I wanted to hear this word coming out of your lips..."

Peter smiled uneasily, blushing. "You are so very cute..."

"Not at all! You are the cute one!"

Peter tried to pretend he did not hear that. "But if you like me saying it, why should I call you Jack?"

"Yusmota is my real name. I wanted for you to know it. But nobody, but you, should know it. So please call me Jack, and keep my real name a secret... I will explain to you why... But please, don't ask me right now... I beg of you!"

Peter's hand moved on its own. It found the face of Jack, and bending its fingers, it touched with their back Jack's face, so softly like almost without making contact to it. But Jack's face brightened even more. As Peter's hand slowly moved from Jack's temple toward his chin, Jack turned his face slightly and kissed the back of Peter's fingers warmly.

Peter regained the control of his hand – well it had never really controlled itself – and slowly took it back and gripped it with his other hand, putting them both in his lap. He took his eyes from Jack, and looked down to his hands. His face was red. He was sure of it. But, truthfully, it wasn't because he was at all embarrassed of what he had just done. It was because of his excitement, and the beggar seemed like he knew that. And he smiled so nicely.

Peter leaned to Jack's ear. "Yusmota", he whispered, "I'll be waiting for your explanation whenever you feel like giving it to me. Until then, Yusmota, I'll call you Jack".

Yusmota turned his face towards him, smiling. Their lips almost touched. Gods know how much they both wanted to kiss, but they simply stayed a few moments like that. Then Peter straightened up.

Peter stood up. "Jack, I am so glad to have met you. I really am. I must leave, but truly I am glad."

"You cannot imagine how glad and blessed I feel for meeting you Peter. You simply can't! Please... Let me ask for a favour, will you?"

"What kind of favour?" Peter's voice was soft and encouraging. He was smiling widely. Not very wise to feel no fear. True. But this is how it was.

"If... if it wouldn't be too much of a burden for you... would you please come again sometime to see me? You don't need to bring me food... I just would love to see you."

"Ok", said Peter without hesitation. "But how should I know where to find you?"

"I'll be waiting here every day, at this hour... You don't need to come daily... only when you feel like it... Is this good for you?"

"Ok then! I'll be coming", said Peter grinning joyfully.

"Really?" asked Jack, not capable to believe how easily Peter had agreed.

"Really! I Promise!"

Jack wanted to through himself to Peter's feet kissing his shoes to thank him, but somehow he stopped himself. He didn't want to embarrass Peter again. He just said "Thank you! I will be waiting!"

Peter turned around to leave. Jack stood up watching him. Peter turned his face to once again see Jack's, he smiled and winked, said "bye" with his hand and left, almost running.

He didn't run because of any haste, neither, of course, because of any antipathy towards Jack. He was too excited to simply walk. And that is the only reason why he ran.

But running has its disadvantages. He arrived quicker at home. "Oh, shit!"

He opened the door, stepped in, and while closing the door, a scream from the kitchen came to greet him.

"Peter? Is that you?"

"Yes mom... it's me..."

"Where have you been?"

"School", he shouted and then speaking normally "then I sold some drugs, then committed some murders, and then I hurried back home".

"What did you say?"

"I said, it's a nice day, isn't it?"

"Yeah, sure...whatever!"

Peter was by now at the kitchen's door. His mother was sitting in front of an empty table, reading a magazine. Her every day routine. "Have you eaten your sandwiches?"

"Just the one mom..."

"Just the one mom", his mother mocked with disgust all over her face. "Every morning I wake up early to prepare your sandwiches so that you can eat properly, and where is your gratitude? Instead of eating them, you bring them back! There will be no lunch for you young man! Go to your room, and don't come out of it until you eat the fucking sandwich. Do you understand?"

"Yes mom..."

"Yes mom..." the mocking came carrying tons of disgust.