Jack

Jack had just entered Greece. He passed through the border guards without them seeing him. Of course. This was a simple task for him. He kept walking, away from the road. There was something like a forest there. Well, it is a forest for the grounds of this land.

He entered the forest and went a little deeper, so that he wouldn't be visible from the road. He sat under a tree. The sun was high in the sky. Midsummer was coming and the days were long and the sun very hot.

"I am tired", screamed to the sky. He wasn't referring to the long walk. His body doesn't get tired, but his soul... Well his sensitive pure soul, who is searching so many years for him, his soul can feel all the tiredness of the world.

"I am tired!"

This time the young boy didn't scream. He just said it quietly, and hided his head, behind the knees of his bended legs, and allowed himself to cry a little.

He felt at the other side of the same tree a young man sitting, mimicking him.

"I am sorry", Jack said to the man, without turning his face to see him. He knew very well who he was. The man didn't speak.

"I am sorry, for crying. I knew that this time will come. I knew I had to wait for long. I chose this path, knowing what it meant and I really do not have any regrets. Really none!"

The young man smiled, but Jack couldn't see it. He didn't dare to face the young man. He had a question for him before finding the courage to look directly to him.

"Have you come to take me with you?"

"No", the young man answered with a casual tone.

"Thank you... I don't think I could bear not to see him at least once again."

Jack turned his face to see the young man. The young man turned his face towards Jack smiling. "So, Yusmota, you are afraid of me!" he said and started laughing.

Jack's eyes got wet. "I am sorry, I am afraid of you. It's not really you, what I'm afraid of, but going with you before seeing him... well that really scares me a lot."

The young man crawled to Jack's side. Sitting now just next to him, he clenched Jack in his arms, lovingly. "You are such a charmingly fool! I like you as much as I like him. But you know, he knew better, when I took him away from you. He knew that no matter what happened to him, the time to see you again would come."

"He did?"

"Mmm, of course he did. And you should know the same thing. Even if I had come here to take you, how can you believe that your love will just disappear because of me?"

Jack's tears ran ceaselessly. The young man kept looking him smiling. "True love always beats Death. Don't you know that, my little Yusmota?"

"I know... I know... I am such a fool!" Jack tried to wipe away his tears with his hands, but his eyes didn't stop shedding them.

"Cry as much as you need. Don't worry about it. Just let your sorrow out of your soul."

"You are so nice to me... Thank you! I know it's not much coming from me, but it's the only thing I can offer to you. Thank you!"

"Don't underestimate your value. Of course your gratitude is enough for me". The young man started to laugh. "Oh! You are so much like him! You know, most people hate me. They usually curse me. But you and he consider me a friend, and instead of cursing me, you thank me... That's a nice thing!"

The laughter of the young man and his kind words stopped the tears coming from Jack's eyes. "Is it difficult for you? I mean that most people hate you?"