Yusmota and He

Over a thousand years ago, in the northern mountain forests of the Kingdom of Strathclyde, away from any village or town lived a great wizard, about whom history never recorded a thing. And it was his own wish to remain unknown, thus, I am not going to reveal his real name. So, let us call him Clyde.

Born in an era of wars, remaining an orphan was not unusual. But this boy had great powers to command the elements of air and fire, as well as the ability to communicate with beings not visible to the common humans.

He also had a loving heart, a trait far from beneficial during such times. During his early years, while still living in the town he was born, he would always try to help anyone who needed his help. Others would send him away with threats; others would receive his help before start threatening him; and others, would try to take advantage of him and his powers.

And so, the boy left the town and hided himself in the forests. Using the fiery power of mirage, even when somebody lurking at the area he was, they couldn't see either him, or the small hut he managed to build.

For one or two years Clyde would stay there happy and relieved having as only companions the Fairies of the woods. But this happiness faded away soon enough, as the boy's mind would still care for the stupid people who never liked him, and kept engaging themselves in wars.

So, one night, he gathered the powers of Air and Fire, and through them he gave birth, and through his own spirit he gave life to an astral entity, a familiar, he named Yusmota. And this is how Yusmota came to be.

He made his appearance to be the most handsome young man he could imagine. At that time Clyde was fourteen, and Yusmota would look like a twenty year old young man.

For three years the wizard would educate and take care of Yusmota, to make him a quite capable being, able to distinguish good from bad, and capable to spiritually protect his self. Although because of the power of the young wizard Yusmota gained the ability to perfectly materialize very soon, he was, nonetheless, an astral being, so he could become invisible whenever he wanted.

After these three years had passed, Clyde would ask from Yusmota to go unnoticed to the nearby villages and towns and bring him news of the world, as well as find out who would need his help. Then Clyde, without even going there, without anyhow make himself known, would offer his help. These were the first truly happy years of the wizard's life.

Yusmota had become a wonderful person as well, and although Clyde knew that he was with him, and he was helping him, because of the bond of master and servant, he couldn't help himself from truly loving Yusmota. He had actually fallen in love with him more than two years ago.

Anyway, a few years passed like that, and Clyde had now become twenty four. It was the morning of the Winter Solstice of that year, when Clyde for the first time asked from Yusmota the right to hug him. Yusmota, of course, gave him this right. And so, while holding him in his arms he spoke.

"Is it too difficult for you, my dear Yusmota, to be with me?"

"No, master, not at all."

"If you could choose, for how long would you like to be with me?"

"For as long as I could."

The wizard smiled. "Well, how about twenty life times?"

"And a thousand times more!"

The wizard tightened his hug and kissed gently the top of Yusmota's head. "Thank you my dear, for even saying that. Tonight I am going to summon a God, and ask him to let me live for a thousand years. He may grant my wish, or he may take my life tonight. I don't know. But I wanted to know, if you would be with me, in case he says yes."