Chapter 4

"Hello again doll face." The smooth tone of The Joker made me shiver in excitement.

"You asked for me?" I stood still, trying to remain relaxed.

"Why yes indeed. You see, I have my little rats scurrying around the city doing errands for me, but what I've always wanted... Was an... apprentice." The man layer his hands on my shoulders, causing them to tense uncontrollably.

"You mean you want a side kick?" I spun around and looked him directly in his crazed eyes. "What's in it for me?"

"Well sugar, for one, you get to work with me. But of course, if that somehow isn't enough, I'll give you a quarter of my earnings." Joker whispered in my ear.

"I would love to, except I'm not exactly incognito. People are gonna gonna throw me in the slammers for working with you." I say playfully. This was a con game. And I was determined to win.

"You'll stay with me." He placed his right hand over my mouth, his tattoo of a deranged smile was on it to look like I was the one grinning. "What do ya say darling?"

"You drive a hard bargain. But tell me, what exactly am I doing for you?"

"I'm glad ya asked. See, you'll be my plus one. I'll teach you to be just as fun as me. What do I get out of it? Your obedience to my requests. Nothing major."

"Depends on the request."

"Well for starters, you're gonna come meet my other friends." The Joker grinned before rushing down the fire escape to a flashy looking sports car. I got in without hesitation, ready to take on the world.