Chapter 18

I'd like to say that things went smoothly for the next few days, but they didn't. See, Nightwing implanted a tracking chip in my neck and it took two encounters for me to finally realize it. And so, J was currently carving the sucker out. And yeah, it hurt. Kinda like a knife stabbing you in the neck.

"OW OW OW OW OW." I winced and squirmed. There was a belt in my mouth to muffle the sounds I let out constantly.

"Don't worry doll, it's not that deep. Just hold still..." There was another quick jab in my neck. "Got it."

I took the belt out of my mouth and frowned at the visible teeth marks that almost chomped through the leather. "Your belt is broken..." I muttered as I placed a towel over my wound.

J threw the chip into the ocean and we headed to the car. Hopefully it would take Nighgwing off our scent but it'd be best to lie low.

"Where are we crashing for the meantime?" I asked with the towel still propped against my neck.

"With your old pal Deadshit."

"Hey, I know you tend to hold a grudge but it was just a hug. He brought me back to you after all." I chuckled at J's defensive attitude. It was less menacing and more of a joking kind of thing. I guess that's why they call him the Joker.