Chapter 10

I woke up pressing into J's body and stretched groggily.

"Hey doll face." The familiar voice made me smile.

"What's up J?" His arms were wrapped around my waist and for those few minutes, everything was right with the world.

Don't you think you're missing the something? He doesn't love you. He doesn't love anyone but himself. Why would he sleep with such a low level sewer rat like yourself?

I could hear voices in my head telling me I wasn't worth it. That J was playing me like a deck of playing cards. I pushed them away without looking back. After all, what where the chances that I'd find someone crazier than me?

J rolled on top of me, caging me in with his muscular arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him once again. I could do that now. I could kiss The Joker... and he would kiss me back.

"You don't know how long I've wanted you." J whispered.

"Has it been longer than I have?" I giggled.

"How else would I have known where to put the rose?"

"So you were stalking me?"

"I prefer the term... Observing."

"Well, I'm flattered but... Why me?"

"You had a spark in yourself. All ya needed was the match and..." J made an exploding motion with his hands. "Bam."

"So what am I now? Your girlfriend?" I smirked.

"Oh no doll face, you're my queen." J let out a laugh that would've scared any sane person half to death. Me? I laughed too.