Chapter 16

The door burst open to reveal an unfamiliar man with a gun in hand. He wore black and red armor paired with a white mask that completely covered his face.

"Let's go we're burning daylight!" The guy motioned for me to come with him using a small handgun. I quickly got up from my bed and bolted out the door.

"Where's Brandon?" I ask cautiously. The guy was unwounded which meant the bullets were either a hit or miss on Brandon. I hoped for his sake, it was a miss.

"It's not important. He's not dead... Yet." We hurried up the stairs of an unfamiliar housing unit.

"Brandon!!" I called out loudly, earning me a smack on my head.

"Shut up we need to hurry out of here. He'll be fine." The guy spoke urgently as he pointed a gun at my back. We reached the entrance and beyond the door, awaited a black SUV. The sunlight half blinded me. "Get in." The man ordered.

"I'm not supposed to get in cars with strangers..." I said unsurely.  This guy could kill me any second what the hell is wrong with me? Just COOPERATE. Without another word, I stepped into the car and it sped off with us in the back. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

The person took off their mask, revealing an attractive man with dark toned skin. "I assume you've heard of me before. Floyd Lawton, more commonly known as Deadshot." My eyes widened in disbelief. The guy that never misses. Fuck me, he's probably gonna kill me now. "I know you're wondering why you're here. Your boyfriend sent me to get you back."

"He got out within a month? Props to him that place is almost impossible to leave. Especially with security paying extra attention to him."

"I don't know what Brandon told you, but The Joker never went to prison, he escaped the factory while the two birds were rescuing you."

I scrunched my nose. Why would he lie about that? "What's with the emphasis on Brandon?"

"Because I know him currently as Nightwing, formerly as Robin. He's a vigilante now but he's been taking care of you for the past month too." Floyd seemed occupied with his own thoughts so I stopped asking questions and payed attention to the world outside. I realized sadly, that I missed walking around in the daylight, going to go to the grocery store, being around people.

Since I'd taken the title as The Joker's partner in crime, girlfriend, and queen, I hadn't been able to step foot in the sunlight. I was a wanted criminal.

After thinking about the way my life had changed, I started to wish I hadn't. Because now, I wanted something I couldn't have back. My old life.