Shattering

Gerard doesn't actually stay true to his word. Technically, neither does Frank. Frank had said one more time. Gerard had agreed with one more time.

Two more times isn't that many though. That's only one more time than he'd planned on, and it's not like he's made a promise to anyone in particular. He was really only talking to himself so it's not like he did much of anything wrong.

Well, he fucked Frank, and that's morally against Gerard's self-made list of ethics, but that was before he realized how hot Frank was and how he just might really like him.

The first, well technically second time had been last night. Frank came to his door, and there was very little prelude other than that. Frank knocked, there was a small amount of small talk, Frank threw himself at Gerard, and the rest is history.

And then Gerard wakes up the next morning but he can't exactly leave, because this is his apartment. He can't just leave quietly so he instead goes to the kitchen, makes himself coffee and tries to clear his head. Gerard never really got to actually drinking his coffee though, because then Frank woke up, shit happened, Gerard found himself horizontal on his bed again, and that's really all there was to it.

Now he's just sitting here, looking at Frank awkwardly, vaguely remembering his cup of coffee which has probably gone cold by now. He can't think of what he should say though. Last time there was no awkward morning chat because Gerard left before there was time for one to take place. This morning didn't provide much space for chit chat either, because Frank was basically on a mission and Gerard's too weak under the spell of how much he likes Frank to stop things from happening.

That's how he ends up here, covered only by his bed sheet, while Frank sits awkwardly next to him. They've been holding this awkward sitting arrangement for so long that they probably could've had their picture taken by a 150 year old camera. It's like their posing for a really generic movie poster. This could be the next awkward chick flick movie promo that bored couples are dragged to when they can't think of any plans for a date night. Gerard's life is a cheesy romantic comedy, and he doesn't know how to deal with that information.

"Uh," Gerard says, and that's the most noise either of them has made since about twenty minutes ago when they were making a lot of noise.

"Yeah," Frank says in response.

That's basically their conversation for another five minutes. Weird glances, a few noises, and a substantial amount of fidgeting.

"So what does this mean?" is the most amount of words either of them says, and they come from Frank.

"Huh?"

"What does this mean?"

"I don't know... just a fluke," Gerard says.

"Three times isn't a fluke," Frank replies. Gerard has to admit that he's got a point.

"Well, it doesn't have to mean anything. After all, we're not teenagers. We're grown up, this doesn't have to be a big deal."

"But it is a big deal," Frank says. "Gerard, I'm not a guy who just has sex with people willy nilly. I know I led you on to think that, but what I mean is that I can get any guy I want, that doesn't mean I make a habit of it. But this... this isn't a one night stand if we do it three times over the course of a week."

"You're putting too much thought into it."

"No, you're not putting enough thought into it," Frank replies.

"Listen, Frank, I don't want to date you. That's not what this is about, and I don't want you to get that idea. This just happened, it just happened, okay?"