• eight

Black was the first thing Lauren saw when she woke up the next morning. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness and she soon realized it was the sheets over her head. Once she removed them, she was nearly blinded by the sun.

Last night was a blur until she felt a heavy arm around her waist and heavy breathing in her ear.

Oh God, last night. The memories started to rush back to her. It was one of the most intense nights of her life and not just because of the sex. Dean was there. He was leaning in the doorway with a dangerous look in his grey eyes. She wondered if Zayn saw him. He was only there for a few minutes and as soon as she blinked, he was gone. Lauren almost thought she imagined the it. A small part of her wanted him to keep watching..maybe even join. No, that was just my horny mind running wild.

Quietly, Lauren sat up in bed with Zayn's arm tightly wrapped around her middle. The two of them were still naked and Zayn was still asleep. She slowly removed the hold he had on her and stood out of the bed in search of her clothes. Within seconds, she was dressed and pulling her thick hair back into a ponytail.

The bed creaked.

"You're leaving already?" Zayn's tired and raspy voice came from the bed.

Lauren whipped around with wide green eyes and her bottom lip tucked between her teeth.

"Um, yeah." She coughed.

Her breath caught when he rose from the bed fully nude, his length on full display. She nearly melted right then.

"I must've did a shitty job last night if you're leaving this earlier," he smirk, pulling her chest to his, his côck rubbed against her thigh.

His morning voice was so sexy.

Lauren felt overwhelmed. She placed her hands on his shoulders.
"N-No, last night was...it was amazing."

And odd. The look on Dean's face was burned into the back of her head.

"But-"

"But..?" Zayn trailed off.

Lauren backed away from him until her lower back touched his dresser.

"Your brother...did you not see him watching us?" She creased her brows in confusion.

Zayn did the one thing she didn't expect him to do. He laughed.

"You seemed pretty comfortable being watched," he said. Lauren's tried to feel offended but she wasn't. It was true..she was comfortable even though she tried to tell herself different.

She said nothing.

"I bet he liked what he saw," he continued taking a step forward.

What? He was ok with Dean watching us? Do they always invade each others privacy like this?

Just as he began to lean in to devour her lips, she gently stopped him with a push of his shoulders.

"Can you give me a ride back to my car? Please?" Lauren whispered, diverting her gaze to the ground beneath her. She should have took her car in the first place.

Zayn stared at her for a long minute before he backed away with a long, dramatic sigh. He went to his closet and emerged with a pair of sweat pants on. The outline of his cöck in his pants made her shiver. She could almost feel him inside her again. Snap out of it, Lauren.

"Ready?" He asked, not bothering to throw on a shirt.

Lauren nodded and followed him out of his bedroom. The tension between them was awkward. Well, for her it was. After last night, she could hardly look him in the eye. She was grateful that Dean was no where to be found on their way out the door. Lauren wouldn't be able to look him in the eye either.

They made it back to her car which was still parked in the lot of the record store. Nothing was said on the way there.

Zayn stopped her before she could get out of his car.

"Wait," he said.

Lauren glanced at him over her shoulder. The size of her big green eyes that were famed by her dark lashes always had a way of making her look surprised and innocent. Zayn loved that.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry about last night. I hope you aren't creeped out or anything," Zayn said with a tiny bit of worry in his voice.

Lauren forced a grin. "It's just..does he always do that? You know..watch?"

Zayn looked away for a minute and hid a smile. Oh, you have no idea, he said to himself as he stared out the window.

"Dean doesn't know much about boundaries. But he doesn't always watch. He's a bit of a peeping Tom," Zayn stretched the truth.

It's true, sometimes he did watch...and sometimes he joined. But he wouldn't tell her that. Right then, he was too afraid of scaring her off.

Lauren knew there was something he wasn't telling her, she just couldn't figure out what it was.

"So you guys are...brothers?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Not at all. We just grew up together."

"Ok. So you live together and you're how old?"

"30," he wet his lips.

Lauren couldn't make sense of their situation. 30? That's a little old to have a roommate. Whatever. Different folks, different strokes.

"Oh ok." she said. "I guess I'll see you around then."

Zayn locked her door before she could open it. Lauren felt overpowered. He was very good at making her feel submissive and weak. But in a good way. A way he knew she liked. Maybe it was his dominant personality that made her feel so small.

"When can I see you again?" Zayn asked.
They locked eyes and Lauren let out a long sigh.

"I'm not sure," she said. Of course she wanted to see him again but she thought last night was just a one time thing. Was he serious when he said he wanted to get to know her?

"What's wrong? Got a boyfriend or something?"

She was tempted to say 'yes' but the truth was that she was scared to get involved with someone like Zayn. She couldn't understand why.

"No, I just-" she paused to look away from him. "-I've got a lot going on in my life right now."

Zayn found himself becoming more interested in her life. Ever since he laid eyes on her, he wanted to know every major and minor situation that's ever occurred in her life. God, he wanted to know it all. The only thing he knew about her was her name and how good she was in bed. That wasn't good enough.

"I'm not asking for your hand in marriage, Lauren, but a date would be nice."

What the hell possessed me to skip the first date and jump straight into his bed?

Lauren skimmed through her options for a moment. She could just ask for his number to satisfy him but never call him. Or she could use the oldest trick in the book and give him a phony number. But the only problem is that they work on the same block. Sooner or later they'd end up bumping into each other. Dammit.

"Ok," the woman finally said and Zayn released a breath he was holding.

They ended up exchanging numbers and Zayn immediately called her phone just to make sure it was legit. He smiled in satisfaction when it buzzed in her back pocket. As soon as he unlocked the automatic door, she got out of the car with a quiet "goodbye". Once she got in her car, she watched Zayn drive away and rested her head against the steering wheel feeling exhausted.