•ten

Natalie stood a few inches higher than her sister even when she wasn't in a pair of jimmy choos. Her black hair was chopped to hair shoulders, her eyes were the darkest shade of blue and her stare could almost intimidate anyone. Except Lauren, of course. She held a bouquet of flowers in one hand and her purse in the other.
Her eyes scanned the length of her younger sister before she held the flowers out to Lauren.

"Happy birthday," she smiled, in hopes that she didn't get a door slammed in her face like last year.

Lauren was already having a bad morning. After the awkward goodbye with Zayn and the heated exchange of words with Carlos, the last person she wanted to see was Natalie.

With a long, dramatic breath, Lauren took the red roses from her hands. Red roses were always her favorite.

But today wasn't just her birthday. Natalie was dressed in all black and her red, puffy eyes were proof that she was crying. Lauren knew she just came  from the grave sight were her parents were laid to rest all those years ago.

"Thank you," Lauren finally said.

They stood there for a long moment and her older sister finally spoke.

"Can I come in?" She asked timidly.

Lauren pondered her options and decided to step back, allowing Natalie to come in. Without hesitation, she stepped through the doorway.

"I like what you've done with the place," she gazed around the apartment at the new furniture.

Looking at Natalie, memories surged back to Lauren. Extremely painful ones. It almost hurt to look at her.

"Thanks. How are Grandma and Grandpa doing?" Lauren asked out of honest curiosity. It's been years since she's seen them.

"They're fine. Great actually. They worry about you a lot, sis."

Nat took a seat on the couch, placing her purse at her side and Lauren stood against the wall across from her. She didn't want to sit. This reunion would be short and sweet.

"They haven't called me in a few years. They must miss me so much." Her voice was laced with sarcasm.

"They do, Lauren, you know that."

Lauren picked at her nails anxiously. She couldn't stop thinking about how her life changed all those years ago and how she wished her grandparents where there for her. But no. Natalie was always the favorite.

"Why are you really here, Natalie? You didn't come just to tell me happy birthday and give me fûcking flowers," She pointed to the fresh roses on the coffee table.

The woman crossed her legs on the couch and stared at her little sister with a look of worry. She could see the pain in Lauren's eyes.

"You're still hurting, aren't you?"

There was a long silence. Lauren looked away with watery eyes.

"Of course."

The past.

It was Lauren's 15th birthday. Natalie's younger sister was extremely mature for her age in a sexual sense.

"How'd you manage to skip school to see me, young lady?"  Keith was an good friend of Lauren's. The kid had a silver spoon stuck up his ass which explains why he had his own house and car at the age of 19. They used to go to the same high school until he graduated but they always kept in touch.

Lauren giggled, playing with the straps on her back pack. Keith didn't live that far from the school so she decided to walk to his house. It was her birthday, she didn't want to go to school.

"It's easy. I just don't go," she said.

They weren't together but they did do a  couple things prior to that moment. But never sex. Lauren's young age was always a huge issue for him and the law, of course.

"Do you wanna come in or something?" He asked.

She nodded and quickly entered his house, feeling relieved that she was out of the summer heat. He watched as she took off her book bag and purposely rolled up her plaid school skirt to expose more skin. His blood began to rush straight to his ćock.

Lauren went there with intentions that day. She wanted to loose the one thing that kept her innocent. Her virginity.

They made out for a while on his couch and she grew impatient. Ok sure, his hand rubbing her tenderly through her panties felt nice but she wanted more. She eventually convinced him to make love to her for the sake of her birthday. At first, he was resistant but the young girl was very persuasive. She sweet talked his ego and he ended up taking her right there on that soft couch.

The painfully sensational felt good to her. Most girls would say it was extreme agony when they're first penetrated but that was Lauren's bliss.

That was the day she discovered that pain was her pleasure.

"Harder," she whispered into Keith's ear as he gave her gently thrust. Her skirt was hiked up to her waste, her button up shirt had a few buttons undone, and her panties were hanging off one of her ankles.

"Jesus, Lauren," he groaned in pleasure.

It felt good to have someone moaning her name.

Keith reached down between their hormonal bodies and rubbed her. Her mouth gaped at the new sensation and she raked her nails down his broad back.

Her phone buzzed on his coffee table and they ignored it. They were in their own little world.

Lauren was a different type of kid. She didn't care about consequences. Most people would say she was an alternative child. All she thought about was boys, books and painting. Natalie was the complete opposite. She was always on time, no matter the occasion, her report cards always consisted of all A's, and she never laid a hand on a single drug. No wonder she was the favorite child.

After a few hours, Lauren left Keith's with a sense of victory, dried blood on her inner thigh, and a prideful smile.

During her walk home, she checked her phone to see who had called earlier. She had a miss call and a text from her mother.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart! I'll see you when you get home." -mom.

That day was going so well. Was.

Lauren's entire world was flipped upside down when she came home to see several police cars and an ambulance out side her home. In a panic, she dropped her book bag and ran pass the police tape that surrounded the crime scene. Several police men ran after her.

"What's going on? Where's my mom and dad?" Lauren shouted at one of the men.

The sky turned from sunny to cloudy within seconds.

All the policemen looked at each other with contemplative eyes.

Then she saw two body bags being carried out of her house and she began to cry hysterically. That was pain. And not the type of pain she enjoyed.