•fifteen

Another masterpiece was coming together.

There were a few more details she needed to add, but other than that the painting was perfect. But it wasn't just another dark painting. On the canvas was an extremely detailed rose. The stem and leafs were the darkest shade of black but the blooming pedals were the most seductive shade of red. Lauren never used the color. When she dug it out of her storage closet, it was dusty and untouched.

Lauren was feeling unusually anxious tonight and painting was the only thing she could do to calm her nerves. Tonight was the night Zayn wanted to see her and there was nothing more nerve racking than that.

After hours of stalling, Lauren finally decided to get ready. She washed all the paint off every inch of her body in the shower and shaved just in case Zayn wanted to do a little more than talk. She finished her shower, blow dried her hair straight and headed to her closet. What was she supposed to wear on a night like this? Jeans were definitely not an option. Minutes went by before she finally decided on a simple burgundy dress. It stopped mid thigh, hand long sleeves that hugged her arms, and was pretty casual to say the least.

It was a quarter past ten when Lauren left her apartment. As she neared his...their house, she grew even more nervous. White knuckle, knee shaking nervous.

At eleven, she stood on their front porch. Lauren hesitated to ring the doorbell. As she pondered her options, the front door opened.

"I started to think you wouldn't come," Zayn said.

"Well, I'm here."

Zayn stood there crossed armed, wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a tank top, and his hair was in damp waves. Lauren suddenly felt over dressed. His eyes drank her in for a brief moment before he invited her in.

"You look nice."

Lauren whipped around just as he locked the front door.

"You don't look too bad yourself."

Even in sweatpants, Zayn still looked extremely desirable.

Before she could even think, Zayn's lips were on hers. She had forgotten how much she missed the taste of his mouth. Their tongues mingled and his ultimately dominated hers. In some situations, she wanted to be in charge. But in this case, she wanted to be taken charge of. Zayn had a certain way of forcing her submissive side to the surface.

Breathlessly, Lauren pulled away from the kiss and met his eyes.

"I thought we were going to talk."

Zayn looked a little too turned on to hold a conversation. He took a deep breath and looked away.

"We will. Eventually. I wanted to try something with you tonight. I'm not asking you to trust me. I just want you to bare with me, ok?"

Lauren raised an eyebrow and stared at him half excited, half terrified.

"You're scaring me." She laughed nervously, hoping to ease the tension. The lump in her throat was growing thicker by the second.

Instead of explaining himself, Zayn took her hand and led her deeper into the house. Every light was dim, making the house seem vampire-like. Maybe that's it! Maybe he's a vampire! Ugh, me and my stupid imagination.

They approached a room. Behind the door, Lauren thought there might be a dead body or something just as bad. But when he opened the door, it was just a regular room with a bed in the center and regular furniture surrounding it. Maybe she was over thinking everything.

Out of habit, she kicked off her shoes before entering the room behind him.The carpet felt like cotton under her feet. In a few steps, she was at the foot of the bed. Zayn then approached her in slow strides. He pressed his lips against hers once again. After what felt like minutes of lip sucking and tongue tangling, he pulled away. Lauren felt as if he was loosening her up for something.