•end

A year had flow by before she knew it. Zayn along with Dean had been forgotten a long time ago. The last time she'd saw them had been that painful conversation over dinner. She couldn't do it anymore. Juggling so many emotions at once was too much. She barely had her own life figured out. But she had to admit the breakup sex was amazing.

Lauren sat alone in the back of the coffee shop on Main Street with her head buried in the laptop in front of her. Online classes took up most of her time nowadays. College was no joke. She wished she would've went to college straight out of school while her memory of the work was still fresh in her mind.

"When are you not here?"

Lauren looked up and saw Tina occupying the seat across from her. Her friend hadn't changed much at all. Still obnoxious, still box blonde.

"My new neighborhoods have loud sex 24/7. This is literally the only place I can focus," She sighed taking a long sip of her black coffee.

"Yikes," Tina winced.

"They're in their 60's. You could imagine how unenthusiastic the sounds are."

"Ew, stop. You're creating imagines my head."

Lauren shut her lap top and leaned back in her seat. Her eyes were growing tired of looking at that damn screen.

"Sorry." She rested her head on her forearm and sighed into the sleeve of her coat. A distraction from work was definitely what she needed and Tina was definitely a good one.

"Oh, Lauren, you've got dark circles." Tina squinted her eyes and inspected her face.

Lauren rolled her eyes. Leave it to Tina to be blunt.

"That really boosted my self esteem. Thanks."

It'd been weeks since she'd looked in a mirror. Mainly because she knew she was a mess. Sweatpants and messy buns quickly became her best friends after she started talking college classes.

"You need a night out-"

"No, the last time we did a "night out" I woke up in the back of some random taxi."

Tina looked down, guiltily.

"Hey, at least I made sure you got home safe," she shrugged.

Maybe Tina was right. It had been a while since she'd had a night out. Ugh, why was she even considering this?

After a few minutes without a response, Tina spoke again.

"So...talking to anyone new?" She leaned in close, more interested in the conversation.

Anyone new? How could she? Every time she tried dating, she'd always compare that person to Dean or Zayn. Did they have tattoos like them? Were they good in bed like them? Did they care enough like them? They were one of a kind. No one could ever be as good as that dynamic duo.

"Nope."

Tina leaned back in her chair, disappointed.

"You need to get laid, L."

Here goes the blunt talk.

Lauren looked around the coffee shop making sure no one was close enough to hear their conversation.

"I do not." Lauren looked taken back and bothered by the statement, despite knowing it was true.

"About that night out.."

Lauren released an irritated sigh. This wasn't going to end. She caved.

"Fine, but-"

"Yes!" Tina bounced up and down in her seat. A few people occupying the seats around them glared at Tina in annoyance. Lauren buried her face in her hands.