•eighteen

For the first time in forever, Lauren had a dream. She was on a quiet beach with waves washing up on the sand as the moon light and stars reflected off of the water. With each step towards the water, her feet made prints in the soft sand. The ocean breeze blew at her face and hair in soft winds.

This was paradise.

For once, there were no distractions, no reminders of her past, no nothing. It was just her and the beautiful view. She never knew what it felt like to be so at peace like she was now.

Then, the wind began to sound like breaths. Soft breaths.

Slowly, she opened her eyes to discover that the soft breaths were Dean's. He nuzzled his chin into the crook her neck. Her head was resting against Zayn's bear chest. The afternoon heat was beginning to set in and she became hot under the thin sheet that covered them. The two of them were still asleep so Lauren made no sudden moves.

Last nights events replayed in her mind as her naked body clung to the two men that caged her in on the bed. Her body felt so weak. She traced the ink on Zayn's chest lightly and that's when she noticed the bruises on her wrist. It must've happened when Dean pinned her down to the bed. To say the two of them were rough with her would be an understatement. Not that she minded.

Then, she could no longer wait for them to wake up so she could leave the bed. Her bladder felt as if it was going to explode.

Trying her hardest not make a peep, she rose from Zayn's chest and Dean's head fell back onto the pillow. The two of them stirred in their sleep and she froze. She gently unwrapped Dean's arms from around her waist, made it out of the bed, and thanked God they were heavy sleepers.

Lauren gathered her clothes from the night before and eventually found a bathroom in the hallway outside the room. They definitely had good taste in style. The deep red shower curtain matched the tile floor and the stack of towels next to the sink. Not a thing was out of place.

Now that she was finally alone, she had a little bit of time to think. Lauren wasn't an expert on handling "the morning after." Last night was amazing for her but she felt no need to stick around for another moment.

Lauren quickly put back on her dress from the night before. She started to panic when she couldn't find her phone before she remembered that she left it in her car along with her purse. Her car keys must still be in the bedroom. Great. Now she has to risk waking the two of them with the obnoxious sound of keys.

Quietly, she tiptoed back down the hallway and back into the room. She was surprised to see that it was empty. No Dean. No Zayn. Just a perfectly made bed with no evidence of the night before. Thats when she started to smell something. Food. Lauren swiped her keys and made her way to the kitchen.

The sound of sizzling became louder as she slowly entered the kitchen. The first person she saw was Zayn sitting at the kitchen table with a mouth full of food and then she saw Dean cooking an omelet at the stove. Lauren cleared her throat and the two of them turned their heads towards the entrance to look at her.

Why did they both have to be shirtless?

"Morning," Lauren said meekly.

"Good morning, green eyes," Zayn greeted, taking a long sip of his coffee.

Dean flipped the omelet and looked down at the car keys in her hand.

"Leaving already?"

She reluctantly nodded. "Yeah, I've got to get to work."