•fourteen

When was Lauren not waking up with a hangover?

All the alcohol she consumed the night before started to come back up and she quickly made a mad dash to her bathroom to empty her stomach into the toilet bowl.
She felt like a slumped sack of bones and flesh on her bathroom floor. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have several more drinks after she came home from her night out with Carlos.

Water and an Advil was the perfect cure for a hangover.

Lauren spent a while in the shower and brushed the taste of vomit out of her mouth before throwing on a random outfit and running out her apartment. Of course, she made sure to lock it before Carlos got onto her again.

The store was already open when she arrived.

"What happened this morning, Jauregui?" Tina sat on the front counter typing something on her phone.

Opening the store completely slipped her mind. It's a good thing Tina arrived before Jeff.

"I over slept." Lauren said, placing her purse behind the counter .

"It's not the first time."

"Give me a break, T. I'm going through a lot right now."

Tina placed her phone down and stroked her blonde her that was starting to darken at the roots.

"Like what?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know," Lauren sighed.

"Trust me, I do."

Tina hopped off the counter and turned to face Lauren who was on the other side. Dark circles formed under her eyes from her lack of sleep and her hair was still damp from her shower that morning.

"Remember those guys from that gallery? You know, the one with the eyes and the British one?" That was the best way to describe them.

"Dean and Zayn? How could I not remember them?"

"Well, Zayn and I sort of...."

There was a long, eerie pause before Tina finally caught on.

"What? You guys fu-"

A customer walked in and the two of them smiled and welcomed the stranger. Lauren turned her attention back Tina who was wide eyed and in disbelief.

"Seriously?" Tina raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." Lauren sat her head on the counter in shame. Her head was still pounding like crazy.

"You say that like its a bad thing."

"But that's not the bad part. Dean walked in on us and just watched. I can't believe they live together."

The words sent Tina into a fit of laughter as Lauren blushed like crazy. How was that funny?

"Oh my, God. That made my whole week."

"I'm glad one of us finds this funny."

Tina's laugh died down and she wiped a tear from the corner of her eye.

"So, what did Zayn say?"

"Nothing! He though the whole thing was funny and he had the audacity to say that I liked it."