you taught me

Meeting you has taught me so many things, changed me for the better, and showing me second chances exist.

Falling for you was effortless. Your shameless flirting and constant compliments. Making me guess who you liked when it was obviously me then apologizing as if having someone in love with me was bad.

It took me months to admit to myself I loved you. There were signs. Not the normal ones written about. Actually it was the opposite. I didn't get butterflies, I felt at ease. I didn't get nervous (yeah I did), I felt safe.

When you left me for months I cried and I tried to get over my crush on the innocent girl that somehow fell for a mess of emotions.

When you came back I knew I was fucked. Here you were back with your little jokes and tiny compliments. It was impossible not to fall in love with you.

I remember how hard it was saying no. All the times you asked me out and I knew I wasn't ready and if I said yes I'd hurt you in unthinkable ways. You were so pure, I couldn't ruin that.

Then December came. You were talking to someone else and I just felt a burning inside of me. I wasn't thinking and I just spammed you asking you to be mine not even romantically.

It wasn't how I thought it would feel, when you said yes. Instead of a sigh of relief it was a breath or fresh air. That's when i knew, it wasn't going to ruin you and you weren't gonna scare me, we were going to wrap each other in our broken stories and somehow fill gaps we didn't know we had.