Three

Harry sat with his face in hands as Scorpius comforted him. The doctor told him about his bloodwork. He was indeed sick but he never thought it would be this bad. He collected himself before he started crying and looked at Scorpius.

            "We have to see your dad." He told his son quietly. Scorpius nodded silently not saying a word. He didn't know how to react either, it was all too much to digest. Once they walked outside, Scorpius grabbed Harry's hand and squeezed.

            "It's gonna be okay papa, it always is." He assured and Harry nodded. They got in the car and drove in a dead silence to the lot.  They got the gate and the woman security guard smiled.

            "Hey Harry, here to see Draco?" She asked.

            "Yeah, he's expecting me." He answered her.

            "Oh great. Go on." She raised the gate and Harry parked in visitor parking. He and Scorpius got out and Scorpius grabbed his dad's hand. 

            "You want me to tell him?" He whispered.

            "No. I will." Harry told him. "You can be in the room though." Scorpius nodded and they stepped in arena. Draco was working privately with the guy he knew as Samuel. They walked towards them and Samuel saw them. He was around Scorpius' age so he smiled when he saw him. Scorpius blushed and looked away. Draco noticed Samuel smile and turned as the boy continued to sing.

            "Oh you're here!" He chirped then turned back. "Nice work Sam, take a ten minute break." He said. Sam stopped and got off stage. He winked at Scorpius and walked passed him.  "How did it go?"

            "Can we talk somewhere privately?" Harry asked and Draco frowned.

            "Yeah." Draco brought them out and into his dressing room. Harry and Scorpius sat as Draco stood. Harry looked at Draco. Scorpius looked down at his feet and Draco looked at them. "So what did the doctor say?" Draco asked. He swallowed hard when Harry mumbled something. "What?"

            "It's cancer. I have cancer." Harry told him.

            "What?" Draco asked.

            "AML or Acute Myeloid Leukemia." Harry told Draco and then bit his lip.

            "Are you kidding?" Draco asked.

            "Does it look like I am?" Harry asked. He shook his head and Draco did too.

            "Leukemia?" Draco whimpered and Harry nodded.

            "Yes." He said and Draco started to stutter.

            "I can't... I don't... I need to come home." He told Harry.

            "I want to go home to New York, Draco." Harry told him. "Be close to my parents and yours." Harry insisted. "They have good hospitals there too."

            "Harry, you can't fly!" Draco shouted. "You have cancer!" He yelled and then shook his head. "You have cancer." He repeated.

            "He said it was safe, the doctor. Lily doesn't know yet but we can move back." Harry told him.

            "You have cancer." Draco said again and started to cry. This made Harry, whose emotions were teetering.

"I know." He told Draco who shook his head. Draco walked over to Harry and hugged him tightly. They cried for a bit together before Draco composed himself.