Thirteen

The next morning Scorpius and Harry were prepped for surgery and we're just getting ready to be put under. But first, Draco wanted to see them before they were taken away.

            "I'm so proud of you." Draco told his son who smiled at him.

            "It's the least I can do." He told his dad.

            "Are you scared?" He asked Scorpius who shook his head.

            "A bit nervous but I'm sure everything will run smoothly." He told Draco. Draco leaned down and kissed Scorpius' forehead.

            "I love you, you know that?" Draco asked and Scorpius nodded.

            "I do. I love you too." Scorpius told his dad. With one last hug, Draco went to Harry. Harry looked at Draco and grinned.

            "Ready?" Draco asked and Harry nodded.

            "I am." He told Draco.

            "Good luck." Draco told Harry.

            "Thanks, don't drive yourself too insane while we're in here." Harry teased and Draco laughed.

            "I'll try not to." He told him.

            "I love you Draco."

            "I love you more Harry." Draco told him and then kissed his lips gently. "I'll see you on the flip side." Harry laughed.

            "See you in a few hours my love."

            "See you soon." Draco kissed Harry once more and the pair was wheeled into the operating rooms. Draco took a calming breath and walked into the waiting room. It was a secluded area this time, a separate room. Both sets of parents were there and Lily. Due to being family, Narcissa wasn't allowed to do the operation but she recommened the best surgeon in the hosptial.

            "How were they?" Sirius asked as Draco took a seat next to his daughter.

            "Ready to do it." Draco told Sirius. Sirius nodded and looked at Severus. He smiled sadlly and pecked Sirius' lips.

            "Brings back bad memories doesn't it?" Severus asked his husband.

            "You know our little cub, cant stay away from the hospital." Sirius chuckled tearfully.

            "At least he obided by my five year rule." Draco chuckled. After Harry recovered from his coma, Draco instilled another five year rule. Harry surprsingly lasted 11 years without needing to go.

            "What are you talking about? Why was papa always in the hospital?" Lily asked and Draco draped an arm around her shoudlers and pulled her closer to his her head.

            "I'll explain everything while Scorpius is in recovey. He should be well enough to comprehend everything."

            "Okay." Lily agreed. She sighed and rested her head against Draco's shoulder. She didn't get much sleep the night prior. Her grandparents had taken her home after Harry agreed and she had been worried out of her mind. Worried if her pa would survive over night, worried that Scorpius would back out, worried that Scorpius wouldn't survive... it was all too much.

            "Take a nap Lils." Draco told her. "I'll make the time go faster." He told her. She nodded and moved so her head was in Draco's lap. She stretched her legs out on the couch they were sitting on and she was lulled by her father gently playing with her hair.