Five

The next morning sought Harry feeling better and sitting at the table. Narcissa was making them breakfast before going to work. Draco was sitting with Harry at the table waiting for the kids to wake up so he could make amends.

"How was you feeling Harry?" Narcissa asked and Harry yawned.

"I feel good actually just a little tired." Harry answered honestly.

"I'm sure you'll get used to that feeling. It's not an easy thing."

"What, cancer?" Draco asked.

"And chemo." She answered. "It does a lot to the body and mind. Harry, make sure your doctor gives you some meds to keep the nausea to a minimum. You're already skinny as it is." She told him and the placed some egg whites in front of him. "You'll have to start to eat right now. Not like you haven't been eating correctly before but now it'll be best if you ate like hearty soups and lots of vegetables. You know, stuff to build up strength." She told him.

"Yeah okay." He agreed and then ate some eggs. Draco dug into his eggs as well and when the kids sleepily made their way into the kitchen, he smiled.

"Morning guys." He said cheerfully and he was ignored.

"Morning papa." Lily wrapped her arms around Harry. "How was your feeling?"

"Better today." He told her. "How are you?" He whispered for only her to hear.

"I'm okay." She told him. "But he won't believe me."

"I'm sure he would if you give him a chance." She only shrugged to that and kissed his cheek. Without even a look towards her dad, she walked to the cabinet to grab some fruit loops. Scorpius, who had grabbed a bowl of cereal himself, sat next to Harry.

"Scorp, how are you today?" Draco asked and Scorpius looked at his phone. He was texting away and when Harry grabbed his hand, he looked up.

"What?" He asked.

"Answer your dad." Harry noticed Draco was trying.

"I'm fine." He shoved a spoonful of food in his mouth.

"Good good. Lily?" Draco asked and Lily looked up.

"I'm wonderful." She snapped. "How the hell do you think I am?" She asked and got up quickly. The quick movement made the bowl of cereal spill all over the table. It spilled into Harry's lap who stood up fast. He grabbed the chair to stable himself from a dizzy spell. "I'm sorry papa."

"It's okay." Harry assured as Narcissa brought over some paper towels. They quickly got cleaned up and then wiped down the table. Harry stood let go of the chair and gripped Draco.

"You alright?" Draco asked.

"Bring the kids in a different room and talk to them. I mean talk to them and apologize." Harry told him.

"Okay." Draco agreed. Harry sat back down and Draco cleared his throat. "Can I talk to you two?" Draco asked. The kids glanced at Draco then to Harry who nodded. They got up and led the way to the game room that was just off the kitchen. Draco kissed Harry and followed them.

"What's with all the yelling down here?" Lucius asked walking into the kitchen with the other adults.

"Your son has your temper." Narcissa kissed her husband. "And jumps to conclusions. He accused your granddaughter of stealing."