Wanted

Wow, Sephy, you're letting us go to the beach today?" Zack asks, hands on his hips as your group makes its way towards the ocean.

You're in a secluded area, surrounded by nothing but sand, palm trees, and crashing waves.

Destiny Islands.

"Don't call me that," Sephiroth snaps, flinging a towel over his shoulder as he stomps towards the pier, ready to lay out for the day.

"A day off!" Xion exclaims, sighing happily.

"Can you believe it? I can't remember the last time we've been able to just hang out," Yuffie agrees, practically skipping as the two of them make their way to the ocean.

"What are they talking about?" you ask.

For the past year no one's been doing much work. Why is a vacation so noteworthy? The oddest part of this day is seeing everyone together again.

"Really, [Name]?" Aqua laughs as Terra shakes his head. "You must have a crazy work ethic if you don't think we deserve a break!"

"Especially after Sora was almost killed by Larxene!" Ven adds.

"What..."

You trail off as you glance towards the Keybearer, a gasp escaping your lips when you realize Sora's covered in bleeding wounds, including a nasty gash to his head.

"And don't forget Genesis' attack by Xaldin," Terra adds, nodding to the auburn-haired male.

You snap your head around, feeling panicked when you realize Genesis is resting on the sand. His leg is in a bulky cast, and his arm is in a sling.

"But... Larxene is dead! You killed her," you remember, pointing to a confused Ven.

"Yeah, and then she came back, along with the rest of the Organization," Ven replies, laughing a bit. "Are you alright, [Name]? You're not making any sense."

"I... I... I just need some time," you stammer, waving a hand in the air as you turn around and head away from the ocean.

You can hear people calling out your name, but you keep walking. The Organization is back? What kind of alternate reality are you in? You come to a stop when someone suddenly appears out of thin air in front of you. Long, gray hair cascades over his shoulders, and amber eyes bore into yours.

"[Name]," Xemnas greets, a devious smirk growing on his face. "Haven't you learned not to venture off alone by now?"

You gasp in pain as his hand dives into your chest, breaking through your skin. His fingers gently wrap around your heart, pulling painfully at the organ.

"Don't mind me," he continues as your eyes pleadingly meet his. "Just taking what's mine."

"[Name]?"

Your eyes snap open and you immediately jump up, glancing around your surroundings. You're drenched in sweat, the white dress clinging uncomfortably to your skin. Quickly you look to the side, spotting Angeal watching you worriedly.

"How often do you scream in your sleep?" he asks.

You sigh, resting back in your seat as you bury your face in your hands.

"I'm sorry," you murmur, shaking your head. "It's happened ever since last year."

Angeal studies you for a moment before nodding and focusing his attention on the dark sky ahead.