Agrabah [Leon]

A/N: *still busy dying over the KH3 trailer*

<>

It was nice to be back in Agrabah, a world whose inhabitants you genuinely enjoy.

Unfortunately, the portal shot you and Leon out on the outskirts of the town, stuck in the hot desert. The heat from the sand practically seeped through your clothes, and there's absolutely no cover from the oppressive sun.

But, at least the world is still standing.

"So, where should we head first?" you ask as the two of you make it just outside of the main gate leading into the city.

"I guess we should find Aladdin and the others, right?" Leon suggests, his gunblade clutched in his hand as he stares up at the city wall.

"Sure," you agree, smiling up at him as he opens one of the double wooden doors for you.

You duck through, glancing around the empty marketplace as Leon appears next to you. Five Heartless suddenly crawl out from under the ground, taking off towards you. Before Leon can take his shot or charge them, you raise a hand, your glove glowing gold as you swipe your hand to the right. A wave of electricity shoots forth, taking out the Heartless in one movement.

"Nice," Leon compliments with an impressed nod as he looks down at you.

"Thanks," you laugh, lowering your hand back to your side as the two of you take off into the town. "Could there be bad intel? This world seems fine."

Right on cue, a rumble roars through the city, shaking the ground beneath your feet. You stumble to the side, steadied by Leon's hand resting on your waist to keep you still. You're about to give him your thanks when an even more violent rumble rocks the city, so hard that the exterior of some of the buildings start to crack and crumble.

"Earthquake?" you ask as Leon slowly releases you.

"We'd only be so lucky," he notes with a sigh. "C'mon. Maybe this world isn't so safe after all."

You both pick up the pace, hurrying towards the palace just off in the distance. More and more Heartless are cropping up out of the ground, but you both duck and weave out of their way; at this point, they're just a distraction from the main deal.

You turn the corner, now in an all-out run towards the high palace walls. Getting there first, as Leon fights off a few Heartless that managed to follow you, you hurriedly knock on the gate.

No response.

You knock again, even louder.

No response.

"Just open it!" Leon calls out, glancing over his shoulder at you after he slices through the midsection of the nearest Heartless.

"Okay," you respond, resting your hand on the doorknob.

Ice quickly covers the lock, turning it a pretty blue-white color. Eventually, once the temperature gets too cold, the knob shatters into countless pieces, and the door swings open.

"I'm gonna have to pay them back for that, aren't I?" you ask as you both hurry inside.

"Are you kidding?" Leon laughs, picking up a stray chunk of wood and placing it against the door, to block outsiders from gaining access. "Look around. I think they can afford a new lock."

"This is true."

"Leon! [Name]!"

You turn your gaze from each other, glancing up at the steps leading to the palace across the main entrance. Hurrying down the stairs are Jasmine and Aladdin, with Genie right behind them.