School Days

If no one has ever read my series 'Destiny High,' I'm taking a lot of stuff from there! If anyone wants to read it, here's the link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/7085068/chapters/16102963 

This chapter is also pretty short, but things will be picking up soon ;D

----------------

After an hour – but what felt like eternity – an ear-splitting bell rings through the classroom. A couple cheers are emitted from students as they hurriedly pack up their belongings and run out of the class before Saix can assign homework. Shakily, you too stand to your feet and toss everything on your desk into a backpack slung over the back of your chair.

"Here, let me," Axel quickly offers, plucking up the bag and hauling it over his shoulder with a wide grin.

"Show off," Reno coughs quietly as Roxas stifles a chuckle.

"So... what's next?" you ask, trailing behind the three guys.

They all exchange looks as Reno holds open the door, letting everyone walk out ahead of him. You think of thanking him, but your confusion keeps you quiet.

"Man, you're more spacy than usual today," Reno teases.

"We have Gym next," Roxas adds as Axel places your bag over your shoulder.

"See you in Chem, [Name]," Axel calls out with a wave as he and Reno make their way down the hall.

You glance over at Roxas, who's watching you with a smile as the two of you walk in the opposite direction. The sight makes you feel strange, since he never looks this happy.

"What, is there something on my face?" Roxas asks, noticing your suspicious expression as his smile falters.

"O-Oh, no," you stammer, quickly shaking your head as you stare forward. "Sorry. I'm just... still not feeling well."

Your mind is swimming, a headache threatening to burst through. What's going on back home? Or is this home now? No, obviously not – there's no way this is the same Roxas you know.

Before you can get too deep in thought, a sudden force hits you from behind and you stumble forward. You're barely able to stop yourself from falling to the ground, steadying yourself with a hand on the wall as you peer over your shoulder. Holding on for dear life is a beaming Sora, his arms wrapped around your shoulders as he laughs loudly.

... Well, at least he's acting the same.

"C'mon Sora, you're gonna suffocate her," Riku chastises, pulling Sora off of you with a shake of his head.

"Whoops! Sorry, [Name]," Sora apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck as you turn to face the two. "... Why do you look so mad? Oh my gosh, did I hurt you?!"

"No, no!" you quickly exclaim, forcing a smile. "I'm just... sick."