Reunion

With a shriek, [Na-x-me] shoots up to a seated position, her arms flailing wildly into the air as she attempts to steady herself. Breathing heavily, she glances around the room as a shaky hand runs through her hair, which is damp with sweat. A frown grows when she realizes she's awake, lying on a cot as hard as a rock and back at Headquarters.

"Oh, fu –"

"What are you doing up?"

Her head snaps to her left, bright blue eyes narrowing at the figure perched in the chair next to her bed. Vanitas is seated there, hands clasped together while he leans forward, his elbows resting on his knees as he watches the girl closely.

"What are you doing watching me sleep?" she retorts, pushing herself off of the bed and onto her feet.

"I wasn't," Vanitas responds boredly, leaning back in his seat as he glances over her shoulder.

[Na-x-me] follows his gaze, groaning when she spots Vexen standing there, arms folded over his chest. Booming footsteps echo through Vexen's laboratory, which is nestled away in the basement of the castle, before the door slams open. Xemnas storms in, a scowl plastered on his still-scarred face from your attack.

"You failed," Xemnas snaps, his voice sounding more emotional than ever as he watches the youngest Nobody. The door slams shut behind him, and [Na-x-me] inadvertently jumps at the noise, her blood running cold at the look of hate directed towards her. "What happened?"

"I-I don't know," she stammers, taking a step back as she looks anywhere and everywhere but Xemnas' amber eyes. They're watching her like a hawk. "I just... she was there, and happy – seriously, who could be happy there? – and I just –"

"Let her kill you?" Xemnas finishes dryly.

[Na-x-me]'s eyes finally flit up to Xemnas' before she slowly nods, clearing her throat as she rubs a hand up her arm. It's chilly in the basement, not that she can really feel it.

"Does this mean she's awake?" Xemnas asks, his eyes not leaving [Na-x-me] as he directs his question to a still frowning Vexen.

"Yes. I would have made the code something more difficult to decode, but [Na-x-me] assured me she'd be there to keep an eye on [Name]. Not help wake her up," Vexen answers with a scoff. "I am sorry, my liege."

Xemnas sighs, running a hand through his well-groomed gray hair before he turns around, his back facing the occupants of the room.

"No matter. It was a stupid plan to begin with," Xemnas admits, shaking his head as he stares down at the ground. "This girl will be the death of me."

"So, what now, Boss?" Vanitas asks with false enthusiasm, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

They all fail to pick up on it.

"Well, this is a set-back. If Naminé met her, and opened her big mouth..." Xemnas trails off, glancing back at the three with a completely blank expression on his face. "Add extra security to the trio. They must be protected at all costs."