Genesis' Ending

Genesis' Song: "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

"I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
"

[♥]

(read the bottom of this for a *super important note* about a possible upcoming series somewhat related to Chasing/Cheating Destiny)

[♥]

TWO YEARS LATER

As much as you're trying to concentrate on your book, you can't stop yourself from continually peeking your head over the top to stare at the tall man seated across from you. You're seated in your library, reading in comfortable silence as you sip on warm coffee. It's how you spend every Sunday.

You didn't last long in the Land of Departure, a few months tops. It was nice there, and always fun getting to spend time with your friends, but unfortunately Midgar needed both you and Genesis. Sephiroth's death opened the floodgates to the scandals of Shinra, which left Midgar in a state of disarray. You, Genesis, Angeal, Cloud, and Zack hurried back to try and help out as much as possible – which wasn't much, but it's better than nothing.

New leaders joined Shinra, and the world finally stabilized. An actual army was used instead of mercenaries working in secret for an electricity company, and you and Genesis were recruited. Since the worlds are at peace, however, you mainly work as glorified cops. Not that you're complaining, since it's definitely nice having your alone time after so much time at war.

You're even able to spend the weekends at Genesis' parents old farm in Banora, which he had helped to rebuild and refurnish. It's your way of privately honoring them, despite his rather complex relationship with them before their untimely passings.

And their home is where you're both seated this Sunday morning, enjoying the quiet.

"What are you looking at, darling?"

Genesis' question causes your eyes to widen in surprise, as his blue eyes dart up from the pages of his book with a faint smile on his face.

Caught in the act.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking about how nice it is having some alone time with you."

He looks surprised for a second before he relaxes into a grin.

"It is, isn't it? I love these morning with you," he tells you as he places his book on the arm of his chair as he holds a hand out to you.

You eagerly stand up and walk across the room towards him, taking his hand as you collapse sideways into his lap. You nuzzle into his chest, releasing a sigh of contentedness as he wraps an arm around your waist and pecks the top of your head.

"Read to me?" you ask, pulling back to look up at him.

He nods, leaning down to press his lips against yours in a quick, sweet kiss as his free hand rests against the side of your face. His hands are calloused and cold, but the feel is like that of a livelong friend. You'll never tire of the feeling of his lips, or his hands, or his body.

"Always," he murmurs against your lips before he pulls back, picking up his book and leaning back so that you stay in his lap as you continue to lean against his chest.

It's a feeling of security that you absolutely love, especially after the stress of the war. You deserve this, as does he, and you do your best to indulge in the riches of life as much as possible.

And you'll never stop.

[♥]

SO...

I know lots of you have been asking if I'd do a third part to the Chasing/Cheating Destiny series. My answer is still no, as I think it's ended pretty much perfectly.

But.

I do have an idea for a new series that would be similar but also very different. Something about the new trailer they dropped (ALSO SIDE NOTE HOW TF HAS NO ONE MENTIONED THAT VANITAS IS GONNA BE IN KH3?????) popped an idea into my head that I just can't shake. 

Some of you wanted more details, so the best I can give without giving too much away is that it would start with BBS-ish time and go through all the games in one way or another. It would follow the main plot for the most part, with Reader being there from the beginning, and then thrown in towards the end of KH2 on the "Kingdom Hearts timeline."

I don't wanna give too much away but I promise it would be fun and different! <3