Fire

A/N: Leon = jerk, apparently

Also I think Reader x Axel might be my favorite pairing of this series :3 SORRY ZACK

Panting, you crouch down behind a large, brick wall. You're in Hollow Bastion – the Bailey, to be specific. Your 3rd Class uniform is ripped at the side, revealing a small sliver of your stomach. Thankfully, the blade didn't reach your skin. Bruises and cuts cover your body, however, and after days of training your limbs feel like they're about to give up.

But you keep fighting.

"C'mon, [Name]. Warriors don't hide."

You poke your head out from behind the wall, narrowing your eyes at a smirking Leon. His gunblade is slung over his shoulder, tapping gently at his back as he watches you.

"I'm not hiding, I'm – no, stay away, Leon!"

You trail off in a yelp as Leon charges towards you. Scrambling to your feet, you grab your sword and just barely manage to duck out of the way as the blade of Leon's sword clashes with the brick wall where your head had been resting. You glance at the chipped brick in horror before turning towards the male and pointing your sword at him.

"You could have killed me!" you yell, feeling your blood start to boil.

"Then fight back," he retorts before lunging towards you.

You raise your sword, managing to block his steady assaults. Your knees start to buckle as you step backwards, blocking one slice after another. After a quick glance back you hop into the air, jumping down the stairs. Leon chuckles, slowly following.

"You're not fighting," he points out, twirling the hilt of his blade in his hand. "Your defense is improving. But your offense is terrible."

You take a step back, continuing to hold your sword in front of your body.

"I don't want to hurt you," you complain, lowering your sword a bit.

"So what?" Leon laughs with a tilt of his head. "Did you come here to learn from us, or to continue weighing us down?"

You come to a stop, your arm dropping to your side as your eyes widen.

"W-What?" you stammer.

"How often have we had to save you?" he asks, stopping in front of you. "So you knocked Xemnas out. Big deal. Most of your successes are due to luck, or you running away."

Your hurt expression starts to slowly turn to one of anger. Just who does he think he is, anyway?

"Maybe it'd be better for everyone if you just left," Leon muses, a cruel smirk growing on his lips. "After all, why should we put our lives at risk to save some girl from Twilight Town."

"Shut up!" you yell, furious fists clenching onto your sword.

"Fight me!" he shouts back before running forward.

You grit your teeth, swinging forward your sword. This time, he blocks you. You don't stop, though. You continue to attack him, over and over. Sparks are flying from the clashing swords, and though he's barely breaking a sweat at he blocks you, he's unable to take the opportunity to attack you.

Suddenly, he moves to the side, slashing his sword forward. It grazes your knee right as you leap backwards into the air. You drop your free hand to the side, releasing a burst of air as you're catapulted towards the brick wall. Pressing your hand against the wall, another burst of air blasts you forward, and with a smug grin you use all of your strength to hurl yourself into Leon. He doesn't jump out of the way in time, and the two of you fall to the ground with a loud "oomph."