Chapter 3

We were on the bus to get home when the bus tried to leave a bus stop but it wouldn't move. After about ten minutes of waiting the driver tells us the bus broke down. Thank god the we were at a stop so the door was open "there will be another bus here for the same root at ten past six o' clock" the driver says and then everyone starts to rush off the bus.

What if I don't get home on time nothing too bad will happen my father doesn't ever slap me well that often or anything he just screams and occasionally throws insults at me and my brother.

"Do you want to stay at mine?" Sabrina asks. She knows my father can get angry since she can hear it in her house since we're neighbours. "Ok thanks Sab" I smiled.

As we walk home I can't help but frown I tried to hide it it's just I miss my old dad when he would be happy and play with me and spoil me with gifts that was before my mother died everything went downhill since that.

"You know you can stay in my house whenever you want" Sab says while looking at me. "Thank you Sab that means a lot" I smile.

After a long walk I texted my brother that I was staying in Sabrina's house. When we went in no one was home so we went up to her room and sat on her bed.

We were just talking a bit and singing along to music when Sabrina asks "why is it that you don't talk as much anymore, you just respond with nods of your head or say just yah or something" I look at her shocked I didn't realise I was doing that "I know you obviously do talk it's just you act different and nervous and awkward around me and the lads now did we do something?" She asks softly.

I did notice I'm more awkward it's just I can't stop thinking of Sab I've liked her for a while now but now I feel like she's just a crush and I can't talk to her as a friend without getting lost in her beautiful eyes.

She raised her eyebrows at me waiting for an answer. " I didn't notice I was I guess I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately" I lied but also kind of told the truth I have been getting very little sleep. She nods her head understandingly "it's ok I'm not accusing you of anything I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my fault" she half smiled

"You could sleepover here more often if you want I mean it could be a fear of sleeping alone my cousin has it when they moved her bed into her sisters room she slept perfectly. You do seem to get a good sleep when we have sleepovers" she says with a slight smirk and look in her eye but she mostly looked worried.

"Yah I searched it before actually I think that could be why" I say "so?" She questions. "Well I mean yeah if it's ok with you we have sleepovers most of the time anyway" I say excitedly "Well obviously I'm ok with it I brought it up" she say mockingly with a slight giggle.

We eventually got home to Sabrina's at seven o' clock. We spent most the day eating and watching TV together. Later on we both decided to change into something more comfortable to sleep in I changed into a pear of shorts and a baggy top and sat in her bed and went on my phone.

When she came out my jaw dropped she was wearing a long t shirt that went down to mid thigh on her and a pair of knee high socks on. I quickly shut my mouth not trying to make it obvious I was infatuated with her. I heard her giggle and I looked at her face and she was looking at me with a mischievous smile.

We got into her bed and talked about school and other stuff then the topic went to Sabrina talking about her love for Cole Sprouse and how hot he is. I nodded along trying to look interested in talking about him ugh she's so straight I thought to myself and my heart hurt a bit. I'm so stupid for falling for a straight girl.

It was late and my insomnia kept me up its not too bad I get maybe 2 hours at most sleep in a day I have become used to it by now. I was stuck with my thoughts I thought about how I hope my dad won't remember last night and me not coming home because he was too drunk, I thought about if my family will ever be happy and normal again and the main thing on my mind Sabrina.

I don't know for sure if she's straight but it seems like it. Not only did I fall for a straight girl I fell for my straight best friend. At that moment I decided I had to stop this I had to stop loving her I have to move on it wasn't going to happen so I decided I'm going to find someone else maybe they could distract me and I won't have to worry about them being straight.

Eventually morning came and Sabrina was already up I lay there for a few minutes before I got out of bed. I went downstairs and saw her cooking something. I asked "what are you making" she looked at me with a shocked face not noticing me coming down "oh my god, You scared me!" She laughed " anyway I'm just making pancakes" she smiles turning back to the pancakes and doing a perfect flip "AYYY" we both scream together and laugh. "You try do it" she said "Nah I can't do that Sab" I say "go on, give it a try" she nudges me. I just laugh "fine so" I say and grab the handle on the pan and attempt a flip but it just lands straight on the floor.

Me and Sabrina both burst out in a laugh "wow well done" she says clapping her hands while laughing. "I'm such a flop" I laugh. I turn around to place the pan down and when I turn around Sabrina is bending over picking up the pancake I dropped as she bends over her shirt rises up more and I tried to have respect and not stare but I couldn't she had the most beautiful legs. She quickly gets back up and turns her head to look at me with a smirk and then turns back away and puts the pancake in the bin. The smirk was so teasing. Teasing. Was she trying to tease me maybe she did like me after all.