chapter 10

I woke up the next day with my body over the covers and felt sticky from sweating it was way too hot last night.

I got out of bed groggily and walked downstairs quietly and saw my dad laying on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand.

The room smelled horrible. You could tell he hasn't showered in days. I look away in disgust to have him as a father. 

There was a creek on the floors behind me I quickly turn around with fright to see my older brother josh.

He isn't home very often he is always at his friends and stays the night usually I think it's to avoid dad. Our father has always been more harsh to him since he was always more rebellious.

I smile quickly and gave him a hug I haven't seen him in a while. He was home the other day but I stayed in Sabrina's house in the end.

I pull back from the hug slowly and look at josh but my smile quickly fades when i see his bruised eye he notices the change in my face

"What is it lils?" He whispers trying not wake dad.

I raise my hand to his eye gently and touch it "who did this Jason?" I whisper full of curiosity and worry.

"Its nothing for you to worry about lils" he states. "Tell me" i demand.
"Be quiet you'll wake him lils!" He whispers loudly.

He looks serious but i also see fear. My eyes widen, No way. Dad wouldn't go this far, would he?

"J-jason please answer m-me" I say quietly my eye brimming with tears. He looks at me with sad eyes and mutters "there's a reason i never come home lily, i want to spend time with you lils i really do but dad said if I don't stay anything to you and if i don't bring you away with me he wont hurt you" he says looking guilty "im sorry i never get to be with my little sister but its for you, you have to promise me that you wont say anything to him and act normal i can't let you get hurt like me lily" he says looking at me with pain filled eyes.

By now tears are streaming down my face " Jason its ok that you're not always her im not either i don't control but why w-why did he do this to you" i say not being able to call him dad.

"Its not the first time lils i think he does it to take out his sadness and anger at the world" he mutters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got off the bus and walked into school quickly since i was late because of my stupid father.

Once i made it to my locker Bailey and Josh were at my locker waiting for me, I walked to them with a big smile "Hi guys!" I say happy to see my friends its only 9am and my day has been so stressful already.

"How's Sabrina?" Bailey asks with a sly grin. I just glare at them "Shut up" I mutter annoyed already "What? are our two lesbian lovers in a fight?" Josh asks with a small laugh.

"I hate you guys" I grumble closing my locker. "Why are you refusing to let yourself like her?" Bailey asks but this time he looks more serious and isn't trying to get on my nerves again.

"Because I don't and she has Alex anyway he's better than I can ever be" I sigh.

Josh and Bailey break out in a fit of laughter "OK lil we know you have low self confidence but don't put yourself that low he's an absolute prick he's the definition of fuckboy" josh says.I just giggle at their hatred of him.

"Anyway we have science now all together let's go get good seats" josh says and walks faster and I follow behind.

"Slowdown dumbass we have assigned seats" Bailey reminds us. My eyes widen as I remember who I'm sitting next to in science, Sabrina. Oh God I can't face her. Josh and Bailey notice and sqeul like two little girls.