Chapter 11 - 'We're On A Break'

The first thing I realized when I woke up was not my painful headache, nor my dry mouth. It was the fact that my head was no longer on my pillow. After a few seconds, I quickly realized Luke and I were very much entangled together, and that my head was resting far too comfortably on his chest while his nose was buried in my hair.

Shit. I was cuddling with someone who was not my boyfriend. That wasn't supposed to happen. My eyes snapped open and I very quickly rolled away from Luke only to end up falling on the floor.

"Shit!" I swore a little loudly as I landed very unceremoniously on the ground with a thump. I heard Luke stirring. He most likely woke up when I tore myself away from him very quickly for someone who was still half asleep.

"Noelle, why the fuck are you on the floor?" he muttered, sitting up and peering over at me.

"We– um, you, uh..." I struggled to get up and when I was standing I straightened my t-shirt – Luke's t-shirt, I quickly realized – while Luke watched in amusement. "We were, um, you know, cuddling, so I–"

"So naturally you felt the need to, what, throw yourself off the bed?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Uh... I was just trying to– to roll away and then I fell off," I mumbled, trying to pull the t-shirt down a bit.

"Huh. Well, you could've been a little quieter about it. My head fucking hurts." Luke lay back down and pulled the pillow – the one I'd been using before I decided to use Luke instead – over his face.

"You're not the only one whose head hurts," I huffed. I cleared my throat and looked down at my bare legs. I was going to have to go back to the dorm in the clothes I'd worn yesterday, which meant I needed to change. "Uh, Luke, can you go? I need to get changed."

Luke groaned. "Seriously? You're going to make me get up?"

"No, you can stay there while I get dressed," I said sarcastically.

"The sarcasm is not appreciated," he grumbled, pushing the duvet off him – exposing his bare torso – before standing up and stretching, making all the muscles in his back stand out. I tapped my foot impatiently. Luke glanced at me with frown. "Okay, I'm going." Eventually he left and I pulled back on my clothes and looked around for my phone, which I found on the dresser. I checked the time.

Eleven twenty-seven. My mouth dropped. I'd missed both my lectures. There were also a hell of a lot of messages on my phone, from Jess, George and Nathan. There was even one from Tristan. Shit, shit, shit. The only text I'd sent to my friends was one last night and I hadn't said anything since. They were probably really worried. The first person I called was Jess, who picked up on the second ring.

"Noelle? Where are you?" she said frantically.

"Sorry, I'm... don't tell Nathan, but I'm at Luke's apartment," I said with a wince.

"You're WHAT?"

"Well, it's really the band's apartment. I went back to the studio and bumped into Luke, and we went into LA together and oh my god Jess, I got a tattoo," I said excitedly.

"You did WHAT?"

"Yeah. It's a snowflake. Then we went to this building and stood on the roof and stuff, and then I went to drop Luke off at their apartment but a load of paparazzi showed up so Luke said I should just come in. Then we kind of got pissed–"

"You got drunk with 5 Seconds of Summer?" Jess shrieked. "Did anything happen?"

"No," I stated firmly, not counting the fact that I slept in the same bed as Luke and ended up cuddling with him. "We just played beer pong and stuff. I was really good."