Chapter 15 - 'Are All Your Songs About Sex?'

Usually I love Saturdays.

They're better than Fridays, because when you wake up on Friday morning you realize you have to get through a couple of lectures before you can relax. They're better than Sundays because on a Sunday I'm just thinking about how the next day is Monday. On Saturdays, you don't have to worry about anything. But here I am, wishing it was a weekday so I could go to the studio and see Luke. I wanted to go to my internship. It wasn't as if I could just go in anyway because the boys were having the weekend off as well.

These were my first thoughts when I woke up at ten o'clock on Saturday morning. I really, really wanted to text Luke and ask to see him but at the same time I was such a coward and didn't feel as if I could exactly ask him to come over when he was who he was. I sighed and reminded myself that I would see him on Monday. Meanwhile, I needed to spend some time with my friends here since the internship had been taking up quite a lot of my life.

I felt pretty awake when I opened my eyes, which was odd. I turned over, stretching to see Jess still sound asleep. A grin made its way onto my face as I realized I could get her back for all the times she woke me up by jumping on me. Slowly I pushed the duvet off me and quietly got out of bed, tiptoeing my way towards Jess. I held in my laugh as I saw her sprawled out with her mouth hanging open and hearing small snores coming from her. I took a few steps back before running forward and jumping on her shouting, "Boo!"

Her eyes snapped open and she shrieked loudly, kicking out her legs causing me to fall off. I lay on the floor; laughing so hard my stomach was beginning to hurt while Jess glared down at me.

"Oh my god," I wheezed. "You should have seen... your face." And I started laughing again.

Jess shook her head at me but I could see a small grin on her lips. "You're so annoying. You scared the living shit out of me."

"That...was...the point." I finally caught my breath and brushed the hair out my face with a smile. "Whew. Ready for breakfast?"

"No. And neither are you," she said pointedly, sitting up and putting her head in my hands. "God, I'm still so tired. Why did you have to wake me up?"

"Revenge," I said simply before standing up and pulling out some jeans and a sweater to put on. "Get dressed and let's go down to breakfast."

***

I stared at Jess as she dug into a big, most likely unhealthy breakfast. She glanced up at me and rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. A wake up like that deserves a breakfast like this."

"I didn't say anything," I said innocently as I began eating my only slightly smaller breakfast. Tristan slid into the seat next to Jess and smiled at her, mumbling a quick, "Morning." Seeing them together made me feel kind of jealous as they grinned at each other in a lovey-dovey way. I wrinkled my nose. I was so going to be the third wheel now, since Nathan cheated on me and I hoped would no longer be–

"Hey," a voice said softly and I tensed up. I noticed Jess did too. I looked over to my left to see Nathan sitting there. Tristan clearly didn't know about Nathan cheating on me because he gave him a friendly look and replied with, "Hey man."

"What the fuck do you think you're you doing?" I said in a low voice, and Nathan flinched. I took satisfaction in seeing his black eye and cut on his eyebrow.

"Sitting with my friend–"

I swiftly got up and took away my unfinished meal while I heard Jess telling off Tristan. I knew that Nathan was following me.