Chapter 12 - 'I Think George Is Rubbing Off On Me'

When I got home later in the evening, I was in a hell of a good mood and hadn't thought about Nathan once. But the sight of Jess smirking and some tulips on my bed reminded me of our fight and the good mood faded. I groaned and read the note attached which said, 'sorry for being a jerk. Lots of love, Nathan', and then a few kisses. 

My mom used to put tulips everywhere in the house. Now I hate them. 

"So I think Nathan wants to talk," Jess said casually.

"No. We're on a break," I said stubbornly. "We talked this morning and decided we should both have some space after he acted like a dick and accused me of cheating."

Jess gasped. "He did not."

"He did."

"You didn't, though, right?"

"Of course not," I answered hastily, and then blurted out the next words without thinking. "I mean, cuddling with another guy while sleeping doesn't count, right?"

She stared. "Luke?"

I winced. "Yeah."

She laughed and I frowned. "It's not funny. I feel really bad about it."

"How did it happen, though?"

"I don't know– I was in bed, he comes in and says that Michael is snoring and could he share with me and I let him. I woke up in the morning and I was hugging him like a fucking teddy bear."

Jess laughed again. "Wow. Did he smell good?"

I shot her a look. "I don't know, I rolled away and fell off the bed before I could take a good whiff."

This made Jess laugh harder. "You should feel proud. I bet not many girls can say they've woken up in Luke Hemmings' arms."

I rolled my eyes. "That aside, what do I do about Nathan?"

"Personally, I'd say he's just a dick and you should– okay, that's not that helpful. But it is my opinion." She sighed loudly. "If you still have feelings for him, then, I don't know, go talk to him and get back together. He'll probably ring you or come over soon. Or if you want to get it over with, you go to his dorm. That way I don't have to deal with him."

"You really don't like him, do you," I said dryly.

"Sorry. I think George is rubbing off on me. But hey, he's your boyfriend, so..." She shrugged.

"Yeah. Okay." I exhaled loudly. "Ugh. Fine. I'll be back in a few minutes, hopefully."

"Sure, unless you and Nathan decide to have a little make-up sex." She wiggled her eyebrows and I flipped her off as I made my way to Nathan's dorm.

When I reached his door, I composed myself before knocking. There was some muffled noise inside before his roommate, Kyle, opened the door with an annoyed expression on his face and no shirt on. A glance at the room behind him showed what he had been doing as a girl sat on his bed looking flustered. I felt my face go red.

"Nathan's not here," he said lazily. "So you can leave now."

I frowned. "Well, I'm so sorry for interrupting but maybe you could tell me where he is?"

Kyle scowled. "I don't know. Check the flower store. He seems to spend a lot of time there buying you flowers."

I huffed. "I'm serious."

"So am I. Go away." Without warning, he shut the door in my face. What a dick. I began to turn away when the door reopened and Kyle appeared with a nasty smirk on his face.