Chapter 30 - 'That Whole 'Kissing Solves Problems' Thing'

It took Luke and I a good fifteen minutes to actually sit up and figure out what the fuck was going on. When we were sitting next to each other on the edge of the bed, Jess kindly gave us a couple of glasses of water which Luke took with a polite, 'thanks' while I just grabbed it and gulped it down.

"So," Jess started, sitting on her bed opposite us. "When... I mean, I was drunk last night, but I could've sworn Luke did not come back with us when we left."

"He didn't," I muttered. "I'm still trying to piece together last night, to be honest. Give me a sec."

"I came here last night drunk off my face," Luke told them, rubbing his face. "Guess I stayed here. Sorry, by the way."

George just waved his hand in dismissal. He didn't seem too star-struck, which was a good thing. Maybe after all those celebrities last night, just seeing Luke was a little underwhelming. "You're welcome in our dorm any time."

"George," I said, letting out a small laugh, "This isn't your dorm."

"Oh. Right."

"So..." Jess looked between Luke and I. "What's the current situation here?"

"Jess, I won the bet, stop trying to get your ten dollars back," George said indignantly.

I could feel Luke looking at me, but I honestly didn't know what to say. I didn't know what the situation was, and I wasn't sure if I was in the right state of mind to talk about it. But I knew I needed to. "I think... we should go get a coffee or something." I said this to Luke and turned to him, interlacing my fingers with his. Luke nodded.

I made Luke and George go and stand out in the hall while I got dressed, and I knew for a fact that George would be giving Luke the, 'don't hurt Noelle or else' talk. I smiled slightly at the thought. It wasn't like George was scary and could kick Luke's ass or anything, but I still kind of appreciated it.

I pulled on some loose fitting jeans and a plain white cropped t-shirt, putting a pair of sunglasses on my head. I applied the smallest amount of makeup because I looked exhausted and I couldn't go out in public like that.

When I was ready, I waved goodbye to Jess and stepped outside, where Luke and George were laughing together. George gave a nod to Luke and went back inside. I just stood there for a moment, watching Luke, and then suddenly I was in his arms. I pressed my face into his shoulder, inhaling deeply. There were people milling about the corridor, and they were staring, but I honestly didn't care. Luke pulled back slightly but kept his arms tightly around my waist, saying quietly, "It would probably be a bad idea to kiss you right now, right?"

"Mm," I mumbled, wanting to kiss him desperately but knowing we shouldn't. "Right."

He chuckled softly and pulled away completely, and I grumbled a complaint, immediately missing his warmth. "Come on, let's go."

Stares followed us as we walked through the campus, but for once, even though I was a bit uncomfortable, I just didn't really care that much. Maybe I was too tired and hung-over to think about that. I barely even noticed when people started getting their phones out and taking pictures of us. Luke took my hand, probably thinking I would be self-conscious with all this attention, but I just smiled up at him. As we walked, he leaned down and said in my ear, "You look pretty today."

I gave him a look. "You're kidding, right?"

Luke raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm not."

I just laughed. "I look like death. Probably because I didn't get much sleep last night."