Chapter 28 - 'We're Foive Seconds of Summah'

I was five shots in, and I was honestly having a wild time. Jess and George were somehow drunker than I was, but to be honest, they were less drunk than most people at this party. Fran had joined us and a pretty dark-skinned girl named Clara accompanied her. They both immediately got on well with Jess and George.

"Have you seen the lads, yet?" I said loudly, trying to do an Australian accent and failing miserably.

Fran burst into fits of drunken giggles. "That was awwwful. I haven't seen them."

I wiggled my eyebrows. "Not even Cal-pal?"

She just grinned. "Not even him. I know exactly what you're implying." She pointed a finger at me, and I slapped it away.

"It's rude to point. I'm not implying anything." I gave her an innocent look before taking a sip of my glass of champagne. "Look how fucking elegant I am. Drinking champagne."

"Bet you won't down it," Fran teased.

"Bet I will," I challenged, already holding up my glass to my lips. "If you down yours, too."

Fran was holding a glass of jack and coke, and she raised her glass to me. "You are so on." We both started chugging, Fran finishing before me despite there being more liquid in her glass.

"Whoo!" She slammed her glass down on the bar in triumph. "There was not even any competition there."

"You're a fucking dark horse," I said wisely. Hands suddenly appeared on Fran's waist, wrapping themselves around her in a hug. I glanced up to see Calum behind her, and Fran immediately spun round with a shriek and launched herself at him in a hug.

"I knew it!" I yelled. "I knew it! You two are hooking up, oh my god, I–"

"Noelle!" Fran interrupted. "Sshhh, we're not hooking up."

"Yet," Calum added throwing a grin in my direction. "Hey, by the way. You both look sexy."

"Thanks, I agree," Fran said, smiling up at him. She totally had a thing for him, and by the way he was looking at her, he felt the same way.

"Okay, Calum, I'm just gonna go right ahead and ask the question that I want to ask," I blurted out, but before I could actually ask it, Calum answered me.

"Luke's here. But Noelle..." he winced slightly. "He's with Sasha."

"He fucking what?" Fran said vehemently. "I literally fucking told her–"

"What do you mean exactly, by with Sasha?" I said, my words slurred. For some reason, the urge to laugh was rising in me, and I let out a chuckle. I didn't know why I was laughing. Maybe it was just at this whole situation.

"I just mean, the last time I saw him, they were both at the bar getting drinks together." Calum gave me a strange look as I giggled again. "Why are you laughing?"

"I don't know," I said, still laughing. "M'drunk. I hate Luke right now, and that's kind of funny, because I don't hate him. You know?"

Calum looked utterly confused but Fran burst into laughter with me. "I know, Noelle."

"Jesus Christ, you two are hammered," he commented but he was grinning. "Noelle, I'm gonna steal Fran away for a bit. You going to be alright?"

"I'll be dandy." I covered my mouth with my hand as I chuckled again. Calum just shook his head at me and lead Fran away, their hands linked.

I looked around me, my vision slightly tilted. Jess and George were in what looked like a truly heartfelt conversation with Clara, and I could see people were starting to dance to the music as they became drunker. I turned back to the bar to see my favorite bartender nearby, and I decided that I would socialize with him. When he saw me, he grinned and came over.