~4~

Josh grabbed my hand and pulled me to his office. I laid on the couch adn he started doing work. I smiled and started playing on my phone. This is all I do. "Why did you think you could run away?"

"I hate being the weakest one, I guess. They don't take me seriously. You started treating me like an omega. That sounds so stupid. That's how I'm supposed to be treated, like shit." I rambled.

"No you aren't. Every pack member deserves respect. So shush your mouth Tyler. And I'm sorry for treating you like an ass. I didn't mean it. I was just upset."

"I understand." I replied. He smiled at me and I got up. I went over and looked at his work.

"This is so stupid. Everything gets taken out monthly." I looked at the finances.

"Okay. We lose about five grand a month. About a third for water because they're dirty. A fourth on utilities. Half of what's left on food. And then the rest on random stuff. Repairs, games, equipment." I explained. He gave me a confused look. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

I made a pie cart of what I just explained. He smiled and nodded. "Okay. I get it. Thanks."

"I took two years of finance classes in high school. It's nothing. At this rate, you'll have enough for the next hundred years." I mumbled.

"Thanks, Ty." He whispered.

"Anytime. But, what's gonna happen to our friendship when your mate turns eighteen?" I asked.

"We'll be fine. You're my best friend. And if they can't accept that, they won't be my mate."

"Josh, you don't how to do that." I stated.

"Tyler. You're my best friend. Anyways, I don't know who wouldn't love you."

"How about...everyone?" I replied. Josh rolled his eyes and I grabbed my phone. "I'm gonna go shower."

"Okay. Have fun." He suggested. I rolled my eyes and started to the bathroom.

"Someone smells of the alpha!" Pete yelled. I glared at him and kept walking to the bathroom. Shit. I need clothes before I go shower.

I went and got clothes and a towel from my room. I showered, got dressed, and then went downstairs. "Did you bed the alpha?"

"No. I didn't bed him." I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous thought and sat on the floor.

"Then what did you do? Cause you reek of him. Still." Pete said.

"Still? I washed my body like four times."

"Yes. You reek of alpha. And wet dog but that'll go away in about an hour."

"I know. I've been a wolf my whole life. I'm not stupid." I sassed. I rolled my eyes and Josh came down.

"Jeez. You smell like Tyler. What were you guys doing? Cuddling?" Patrick, Pete's mate, asked.

"They were on the stairs. Cuddling." Pete replied. Josh just rolled his eyes.

"And why doesn't Patrick smell like you, Peter?" Josh asked.

"Because I don't go near his neck." Pete said.

Once someone, most likely your mate, puts their face in your neck, you can get their smell. It can happen in wolf form. But not if their sad or already mated. Josh probably did it on accident. Which was proven by my next statement.

"It was an accident. I didn't meant to do that to him." Josh said. Vic looked at him like they were silently talking. Josh gave Vic a look, making him roll his eyes.

I got up and started towards the door. I heard Josh start talking to the guys about something. I just ignored it and sat down on the front steps. I just thought.

One more week until I know who my mate is. One more week until I face ultimate rejection. One more week until I'm the only one in the pack without a mate. One more week until Josh ditches me for his mate. We have other teens, but they're eighteen and have their mate. Some are too young and don't even know what mating is. So, I'll be considered the only one without.

Bronx stopped playing and sat beside me. "What's wrong, TyJo?" He asked, looking at me with his innocent eyes. He's only four.

"Nothing." He's Pete and Patrick's kid. He's sweet.

"Then why are you crying?" He followed up his question by wiping my tears.

"I don't know, little Bronxy. I'm just kinda sad right now."

"Can I go see my daddies?"

"Yeah. Cmon." I said and got up. I grabbed his hand and led him inside. Patrick took their son into his arms. I'll never have that.

I'll never have a child or someone to protect me. I'll never have someone who loves or wants me. I kicked myself off the wall and went upstairs in a hurry, not wanting them to see me cry. I shut and locked my door. I slid down it and started crying into my legs.

I heard someone knock. "Josh?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"No, it's Vic. Can I come in?" He asked. I got up and wiped my face with my shirt. I opened the door. "Have you been crying?" He asked.

"No." I lied. He gave me the 'bullshit' look and came in.

"Shut the door. Sit down child. I know exactly what you were crying about. I went through it too honey." He said and flicked his hair back. I did as told and he hugged me. "You'll find your mate. Moon Goddess is looking out for you, for all of us. She knows there's someone out there for you. She puts you with the right one."

"But I'll never have something like you and Jaime or Pete and Patrick. Or Mike and Tony. I just want someone to love me. Josh is gonna find his mate and then ditch me. Then mine will ditch me. So, then, when I have no one and nothing, I can just die in peace. No kids. No husband. No happiness."

"You're planning on killing yourself?" He whispered. I nodded and got up. I went to my closet and opened it. I grabbed the gun off the top shelf and smiled.

"Playing my own game of one in the chamber." I replied and shrugged. I put it back and locked my closet.

"Tyler, that isn't a joke."

"Who said I was joking? And I'll do it in the woods so you don't have to clean up my mess." I replied.

"Tyler, Josh would be crushed."

"Josh will have his perfect mate. Train her to become Luna. It'll all be fine!" I replied. "You don't need a fucking omega anyways. And that's all I'll ever be!"

"Tyler, I've gone through this. You don't want to do this."

"But I do."