Birthday Party

Hanna's POV.

Two months later...

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Drew, happy birthday to you." Caleb and I sang as we walk into Drew and Casey's room.

Drew wakes up to the sound of our voices and sits up in his bed, looking around the room since he just woke up and is a little confused.

He finally sets his eyes on the cupcake I am holding in my hand with a lit up candle that has the number '4' on it.

"Make a wish and blow out the candle." I tell Drew as we walk over to his bed. Drew smiles really big and closes his eyes, obviously making a wish.

Drew opens his eyes after a minute and blows out the candle, making Caleb and I clap our hands. Corey claps his hands also while he is carried in Caleb's arms.

"Yay! Happy birthday babe." I tell Drew, kissing his head. I move out of the way after so Caleb can wish Drew a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday bud." Caleb tells Drew, kissing his head. Caleb holds Corey out so that Corey can kiss Drew.

"Thank you. Can I eat my cupcake now?" Drew asks us, looking directly at the cupcake.

"No, not right now. Go brush your teeth and get ready. Come downstairs when you're done." I answer Drew laughing at him because all he wants is his cupcake.

"Okay mommy." Drew says after sighing dramatically.

"Wake Casey up while I cook breakfast." I demand Caleb, already walking out of the room and down the stairs.

I enter the kitchen ad put the cupcake down on the counter. I take the candle off of the cupcake and throw it away. I begin to make breakfast which consists of french toast, chocolate chip pancakes, and deep-fried bananas.

Our birthday tradition is to wake the birthday person up with singing happy birthday and having them blow out the candle from a cupcake. We also make deep-fried bananas only on birthdays because it makes it so much more special.

Thirty minutes later...

"Hi mommy!" Casey says as she runs to the door and opens it and runs into the backyard to hug me.

"Hi my love. How did you sleep last night?" I asked Casey, bending down to hug her kiss her.

"I slept good! Is food ready?" Asked Casey hungrily.

"Almost. I just have to deep fry more bananas. Is everyone downstairs already?" I ask her, looking into the house.

"Yup. Can I help?" Casey asks me.

"Yes you can. Can you set up the table and help daddy make everyone's drinks please? And can you make sure no one eats anything yet, especially your father?" I ask her.

"Okay mommy!" Casey says excitedly, running back into the house and closing the door but not fully. She leaves a little gap.

"Thank you!" I shout at Casey.

I continue to deep fry the bananas, only having a few more to deep fry.

I begin to feel sick, having the urge to throw up suddenly.

"Caleb!" I shout as I walk into the house.

"What's wrong?" Caleb asks me, seeing me holding my hand up to my mouth.

"Deep fry the bana-" I begin to say but have to run out of the kitchen and into the half bathroom that is located in the living room.

I turn the light on and try to shut the door, trying to not make the kids hear me throwing up my insides.