The Letter.

Caleb's POV.

"Daddy, can we have dessert?"  Drew asks me as Ashley calms down and stops her crying.

"Yeah, go ask everyone if they want ice cream."  I tell him. 

"Okay!"  Drew says, running towards Ashley and Ted.

I go to the freezer and open it, getting out the Neapolitan ice cream. I get out the ice cream scooper and a few bowls and spoons.

"Casey, grandpa, and I want ice cream!"  Drew shouts as he runs towards me.

"Okay, did you ask mommy?"  I ask him.

"Yeah, she said no.  She seems sad though daddy."  Drew admits, looking down at the floor.

"Why do you say that bud?"  I ask him, confusion and concern flowing through my body.

"Well, she smiled at me but I knew it was fake because I know my mommy."  Drew replies to me, suddenly looking sad.

"What was she doing?"  I asked him, scooping everyone's ice cream into their bowls.

"She was looking at something."  He tells me, grabbing the bowl of ice cream I gave him.

"Oh, okay.  Here, go give this to your sister."  I tell him, handing him another bowl.  

"Okay, thanks daddy!"  He says, a smile instantly making its way on his face as he grabs the bowl from my hands and runs towards the table.  

I put the ice cream tub away and grab the last bowl of ice cream.  I walk to Ted and give him his bowl.

After he thanks me, I walk to the living room, finding it empty.  I then, walk upstairs and to Hanna's and my bedroom.  I find her sitting on the edge of the bed, holding an envelope.

"Hey, what's going on?"  I ask her, sitting next to her.

She hands me the envelope, not saying anything.

I take it and open it.  I scanned over the letter, not taking in the words until I read the name that is printed at the bottom.

"What the hell?"  I say, beginning to read the paper.  

Dear Caleb,

     I let you choose.  And you chose her.  Shame.  We could've had a wonderful, active life together.  But, no.  You chose her.  Oh well, I'll see your ass in court. 

                                                                                          Love the one you should've chosen,

                                                                                                                                          Kayla McQuinn

"What the actual fuck?"  I shout to no one in particular.

"She can't do this, can she?  She can't accuse me of something I didn't do."  I say to Hanna, reading the letter over again.

"She can and she obviously will." Hanna replies to me, much more calmer than I am.

"Well, she has no proof that I raped or molested her; therefore, I can't be found guilty."  I exclaim to Hanna.

"You don't know that for sure Caleb.  Look, we already found a lawyer.  All we can do right now is give the letter to him and let him decide what we should do."  Hanna says, calming me down a little bit. 

"Maybe I can talk her out of it."  I suggest to Hanna.

"No!  Caleb, you can't contact her in any way.  It'll just make tings worse.  Haven't you seen the detective shows before?" Hanna tells me as if I'm the most stupid person on Earth.

"You're right.  I just... I don't want to do this."  I admit to Hanna, rubbing my face in distress. 

"I know you don't want to, but we can't do anything about this."  Hanna replies to me, rubbing my back in a soothing matter.

Then, all I feel is wetness on my cheeks.  I try to wipe it away but it just keeps getting replaced with more substances.

"Why are you crying?"  Hanna asks me gently.

Realization crosses my mind, making me realize that the wetness on my cheeks are tears.  

"Because... if I just didn't cheat on you in the first place then we wouldn't be in this position.  I wouldn't have hurt you or the kids.  We could've been downstairs, right now, celebrating the pregnancy instead of sitting upstairs in our room, stressing over a stupid fuckin piece of paper."  I admit to Hanna, angry.

"You're right, we wouldn't be in this position. But.... we are.  We can't take back what already happened.  We just have to deal with what you did and the consequences for it."  Hanna tells me, kissing the side of my head, calming me down a little bit.

"You're right.  I just....I don't know what to do."  I tell Hanna, honestly.  

"All you need to do right now, is calm down and just be prepared for anything that may happen alright?" Hanna tells me.

"Yeah." I reply back to Hanna, talking in my hand since I'm covering my face with my hands.

"I love you."  Hanna says to me.

"I love you too."  I reply back to her, removing my hands from my face to look at her.

Hanna kisses my cheek and stands up, exiting the room and closing the door behind her.

"Damn letter."  I say to myself, throwing the paper and envelope on the floor.

I stand up and wipe the remaining tears off of my cheeks and walk downstairs to try to have some fun with my family.

-----------------------------------------------

Hanna's POV.

I walk out of the room, closing the door behind me.  I lean my back on the door and take a couple deep breaths.  I may have seemed all calm, like I have everything together.  But I don't.  I am freaking out.  I only remained calm so that I could try to calm Caleb down.  

I take one last final breath before waking downstairs and into the living room where everyone seemed to be.

"Hey honey, everything alright?"  My mom asks me as I sit down next to her on the couch. 

"Yeah, just felt a little nauseous, that's all."  I lie to her, not wanting to tell her the truth because I don't want to worry her.

"Oh, yeah.  Pregnancy sucks sometimes.  It'll get better sweetie."  My mom says, smiling at me sympathetically.

"Yup."  I reply back to her.

Caleb walks into the living with a smile that can easily be defined as fake.  He sits down next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders.  

"We'll get through this.  I know we will."  Caleb whispers in my ear, kissing the side of my head.

"I know we will."  I reply back to him, pecking him on his lips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

I love Haleb!  Hope you all enjoyed!

I know that this was a short chapter and I am truly sorry!  Next chapter will be longer though, I promise!

Comment your thoughts!

Please vote!

Follow me if you'd like!

Make tomorrow amazing!

Happy Reading!

-KaileeXoxo