Leaving Home.

Duncan's POV:

This morning, I woke up knowing that something was wrong. Liam had left the night before but today, we didn't hear the sounds of Alaska training or the smell of food.

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen. I saw Hannah sat on the sofa, cuddling a crying Lottie.

"What happened?" I ask.

Lottie sits up and looks at me. Tears stream down her eyes. She tries to speak but can't. Lewis walks in with Simon, both holding a cup of tea.

"Alaska's left."

He said. His voice normal.

"Where's she gone?"

Hannah speaks up, "W-we don't know."

"Why?"

Lottie stood up and looked at me sadly.

"Either shes still upset about yesterday, or she just wants some space. Probably both."

She said, forcing herself to laugh but it came out as a choke. After a while. she wiped away her tears and said, leadership filling her voice,

"Hey, Everyone in here, NOW!"

Lewis' POV:

Something clicked inside Lottie as we sat in the living room. She stood up and turned to us. she took in a breath and explained our situation.

"We are VERY low on food and with Alaska gone, I can't hunt for food. Even though we have a stream near here, something is blocking the water farther up stream and this power wont run forever." she stopped to think, "So  i say that we move on! Charge everything we have and fill up every botte, get every weapon and ever scarp of food we can find. 

I murmur in agreement.

"Shes right...!" I say.

"But what about Liam and Alaska? How will they know where to find us?" Simon asked.

"Leave that to me!" Lottie said.

All the shyness of the little girl we first met has gone. Maybe Alaska leaving did her some good. I hope so anyway. so much happened between them both so i hope, if we do meet up with Alaska again, that they can sort things out.

Lotties POV:

I send them all of to get supplies. I walk up to my room and grab some paper. I sit down at my desk and write. I finished with about 10 letters all adressed to Alaska and Liam. They all say:

Liam and Alaska, 

If your reading this, then we have moved on. We are heading west. how ironic! I' sorry that we left but we were running low on supplies! Please find us again!

From, The former house owner, Lottie West!

I put these notes all around the house, in the living room, the kitchen and Alaskas bedroom.

_____________________________________________________________________________--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_____________________________________________________________________________

We stand outside, Our supplies in our bags, we walk away from the house.

We walk away from the place I called home for 17 years.

I mutter under my breath "Goodbye Papa, Goodbye Paul, Goodbye memories..."

We walk off into the sun, me and the remaining Yogs, ready for whatever awaited us. 

Probably more zombies!

I sighed, and walked into the unknown, with my friends at my side...