Chapter V

18 year old Jen's POV...

I wake up hours later. I look over at the hammock where Ash is fast asleep. He is lightly swaying from side to side. I smile to my self and quietly get out of bed. I slowly walk towards him and I watch him sleep. I take his face in better, he has black hair, a strong jaw line, a perfectly shaped nose and thin lips. He dribbles while he sleeps. I pull the cover back up over his shoulders and turn and walk back towards the bed. I gently pull my cases from under it and open them up. I change my under wear, still with my nighty on and pull on my pair of tight black trousers. Then I slip the nighty of over my head and pull on my white textured blouse that has long sleeves that cuff at the wrists. It comes in slightly around the waist and has blue stitched patters on the front and running down the arms. I slip on my pair of black small healed boots and pull my hair into a pony. I turn around and catch Ash watching me. He quickly closes his eyes and I pretend not to notice. When I catch him again I speak up. "I know your awake". I say as I sit at the end of the bed. "Aye, I'm sorry for watching you, I'm just curious".

"Hmm. I suppose I will let you off the hook just this once".

"And why is that?" He asks devilishly. "Because I was watching you too, and by the way you drool in your sleep". He looks at me and frowns. " I do not". He says. "You do too". I argue back and we both smile. "Well I better get ready, I need to take over from Arthur". He says as he swings his legs over the side of the hammock and jumps to the floor. He pulls a pair of trousers from a trunk and a blue tunic. I turn around so he can change. I can't help put peek at his back as he pulls on his top. "Ready". He says causing me to jump. I blush a little. He smiles causing the dimple on his left side to me more prominent. "I'll let you off hook just this once". He says under his breath as he walks past me and out the door. I follow a few seconds later. We walk out onto the deck of the ship.

He walks up the stairs and I follow closely behind him. "I can take over from here mate, go get some shut eye". He says as he pats Arthur on back. Arthur pats him back and let's him take the helm. He takes my hand and kisses it. "Missy". He says before walking off down the stairs and disappearing under them. I blush slightly and walk towards Ash. "Are your ready?" He asks me. "Ready for what?" I ask back confused. "To learn how to steer a ship of corse". He replies and I smile and nod. He steps back and I slowly put my hands on the spokes . "Put one hand here and the other here". He says as he places each of my hands in the right position. This causes tingles to spread up my arms and down my spine which cause me to shiver. "Are you cold?" He asks me. "No, I'm just twitchy". I lie as to hide the fact that he has such a strong affect on me. Why does he have such a strong affect on me? I ask my self. "So do you know what port and starboard mean?" He asks and I nod. "Umhu port is left and starboard is right". I answer. "Good so when I say port your going to turn the helm to the left and when I say starboard your going to turn it to the right, okay?"

"0kay". I answer as I tighten my grip on the helm. "Just relax, keep her steady". He says calmly trying to calm my nervous. "Port". He instructs and I slowly turn the helm to the left. "That's it you got it". He says excitedly. "Starboard". He instructs again, so I slowly turn the ship to the right. "Your getting it". He says encouragingly. "Now keep her steady, and this time I'm going to let go". He says. "I'm not ready". I say. "Just give it a go". He encourages. "Okay". Slowly he takes his hands form mine. I manage to keep the ship steady. "Port". He says. I turn the helm to left successful, but he place his hands on my waist and I jump and let go. He grabs the helm and steadies the ship. "What happened cap'n". Asked on of the crew. "Just a woman driving". He jokes and the crew laughs. "Don't worry lassie, you'll get that hang of it eventually". He says placing a finger under my chin and lifting my head so he can look at me. I keep my eyes focused on the floor, but eventually I can't stop my self from looking up at him and smiling. He holds out his hand for me to take and I do so gladly. He places my hands back on the helm. "I promise I won't let go till your absolutely ready this time". I nod to answer him and we continue to do that thing where he shouts port or starboard.

Arthur comes up the step fastening some buttons on his red tunic. "Do you want me to take over cap'n?" He asks still buttoning his shirt. "Cap'n?" He questions again. "No thanks Arthur". Ash answers. Finally Arthur looks up and jumps when he sees Ash just sitting on the wooden banister. "Cap'n who's steering the ship?" He asks a bit frantically. "Don't worry, she's a natural". Ash answers. "She!" Arthur exclaims shocked as he looks over to the helm and spots me. His moth drops opens like a cod fish. "Aye, and close your mouth Arthur, do you want to get mistaking for a cod fish". Ash teases, making me giggle. Ash turns to me. "Come on lassie, let the man take over, I have other things to teach you". I smile and let Arthur take the helm. "What!" Exclaims Arthur. "You taught her how to steer the ship before showing her the basics".

"Aye, why are we jealous Arthur?" Ash teases. Arthur shakes his head and goes back to concentrating on steering the ship. I smile and follow Ash down the stairs. He shows me how to hoist the anchor and sails and how to set up the canons. He teaches me that pirates always follow a code and that pirates indeed have some honour. "The most important thing on a ship is keeping the deck clean. The ship is your best friend and you should always respect her". I smile at him and he hands me a scrubbing brush and a bucket of soapy water. "Let's get to work then". He says as he get down on his knees and starts to scrub the deck with the rest of the crew. I copy him and get down on my knees and start to scrub the deck as well. Once the deck is clean we stand at the bow of the boat and watch as we sail over the sea. "Thank you Ash".

"Thanks for what?" He asks genuinely. "For being there at the docks. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be free right now". I answer truthfully. Wow I'm not normally this open, but I am with him. I think to my self. He smiles at me. I shiver from the cold. I watch as Ash takes of his big fur coat and drapes it over me. I smiles at him and we watch as we sail at a pace over the glorious ocean.

_______________________________________________________

Queen Ginny's POV...

I return to the palace happy with the new business agreement. We finally found a suitable prince worthy of marrying our daughter. I walk with my husband by my side through the villages when a number of our guards and soldiers come over to us. "Your majesties". They say, and they bow to us. "What is it Sir". My husband asks. "I'm afraid we bring you the most dreadful news my King". Says the knight. "We'll go on then, out with it". I say. "It's your daughter my Queen, she has ran away on a ship". He says. "Our daughter would never do that". My husband says. "It's true my King ask anyone, they all saw it". My husbands mood changed from disbelief to anger to great sadness. He turns to me. "Why would she run away?" He questions. "I don't know dear".

"Your majesties if I may be so bold to answer that question". Ask on of the knights and I and my husband nod. "You keep her locked up in the castle all the time, maybe she just went looking for a little adventure, I'm sure though once she realise that it's not for her she will return". He says. Then another knight speaks. "No, I sadly don't think so. I was their when my men tried to catch her, she had help from a man".

"What's this man got to do with it?" I question. "The way she looked at this man, it was like she was falling in love my Queen".

_______________________________________________________