eight

(From now on, following chapters are from Lucy POV. I'll give a heads up when they switch)
-  -  -  - 
(Three days later)

"Youre getting better at this, Luce." Bentley says as we finish up training.

We've been training for four days. We've cut it into two segments where I would join the rest of the pack for basic defense skills, then Dana, Bentley, and myself would practice my Guardian powers.

"Thanks, but now I'm super tired." I say wiping sweat off my forehead.

"Well yeah that was expected. Let's go home and shower."
He says jutting his head towards the door.

I nod and follow him out.

Dana has been trying to help me keep the shield up. I would get really frustrated when I couldn't do it, but Dana being the great friend she is would help me through it.

"Hi Guys!" I turn to see Skipper and Blake running towards us.

"Whats up?" Bentley reolies, while I smile. Too tired to speak.

"We just got back from school shopping. My feet hurt so bad." Skipper says.

I roll my eyes. She's tired from shopping all day while I was getting thrown around, and getting mentally drained.

"You ready for school?" Bentley asks as we keep walking.

"Yes!" Skipper squeals.

"No." Blake groans.

I chuckle.

"Well we got to get back to my house, Blake's coming over for dinner." Skipper says patting Blake's shoulder.

"Have fun." I say flatly as the wall away.

Bentley and I walk in silence towards our house.

"Why were like 'eh' just a minute ago?" Bentley says looking at me.

I smirk, "Eh?"

"Yes 'eh' you looked bothered by their presence." He says.

"Bentley, I've been working out physically and mentally for four days. I'm tired. I smell and I just want to go home and shower." I say walking a bit faster.

"Well you dont have to be a grumpy pants about it." I hear him sigh.

I roll my eyes and speed off to the house.

I walk straight to my room, into the bathroom. And with out hesitation my close are off and I'm in the cold bath.

My muscle start to relax as I sink in.

Just then I hear scratching at the door, then Brooklyn and Bronx come charging through.

They place their giant paws on the edge of the tub and begin to smother me in slobbery kisses.

"You know if I wasn't lazy, I'd push you guys off." I mumble as then begin to drink my bathwater.

"You guys are gross." I say splashing them. They playfully bark then run out.