nine

(Two days later)

I look around our house, which is now empty.

"I'm going to miss this place." I say.

"Babe, we'll be back." Bentley says putting the leashes on Brooklynn and Bronx.

"When?" I say looking into his eyes.

"When we know it's safe. And the Council will leave us alone." He says walking to me kissing my forehead.

The last two days have been a pain. We settled everything, for the move of our pack and all members caught a flight to Italy.

We met with Winston, and he agreed to take over our territory until our return.

Which sadly I don't know when.

"I just feel like we're running away from this." I say taking the leashes and walking to the door.

"Unfortunately we are. But The Council is no joke Luce. I wish we didn't have to go away, but we'd be in deep shit if we stayed and disobeyed their wishes."

"But aren't we even more screwed, that we are leaving with out their permission?" I say as we walk outside towards the car.

"Permission? They aren't our parents." He says making a face.

I just shrug and slide into the back seat with the dogs.

Bentley sighs and get into the drivers seat.

"You're going to sit back them for two hours?" He asks looking at me through the mirror.

"Why not?" I say petting Bronx.

He shakes his head.

We are driving to Winstons territory which is two hours away, where will be taking our flight.

We can't risk The Council tracking us.

"Did Ashton and the others catch their flight?" I ask as we head onto the road.

"Yeah, they should be flying now." Bentley says, "What happened between Kendra and Skipper telling their parents?"

"I think they came clean." I say, and Bentley locks eyes with me through the mirror.

"They told their parents about Werewolfs?" He asks in a flat voice.

I nod.

"Why would they do that?" He says looking out the window.

"Well what do expect them to say? 'Oh I'm just going to be leaving the country with my boyfriend and I don't know when I'll be back'."

"Yes, that's exactly what I expected." He deadpans.

"Well what do you expect, it's Kendra." I say rolling my eyes.

"Dumb blonde." He mumbles.

"What was that?" I ask leaning forward.

"Nothing." He says.

"That what I thought." I say grabbing my bag of Lays and sharing with the dogs.

▫ ▫ ▫

"How was your flight?" Dana asks approaching us as we get out of the car.

"It was okay, Bentley would think otherwise." I reply jutting my head at Bentley who is rubbing his neck.

"Every thing is all set Bentley." Greyson says walking over to Bentley.

We just arrived to Bentleys cousin Joseph's pack.