twelve

"The rules are simple," Luca announces to the crowd.

"Your team must protect your flag, before the other team takes it. You may shift, but since you know the rules you may not hurt a human." He says looking at me and my friends.

"Who are captains?" Karlie Ann asks from behind me.

Luca smirks.

"Well, Bentley and I enjoy having a little competition. So I was thinking we could do it like old times. Bentley will be captain of the Black Team and I'll be the captain of the Silver Team." He says holding up a black and silver bandana.

"Piece of cake." Bentley smirks.

"But there's a catch." Luca smirks.

"Theres always a catch with you Luca." Antonio, Luca's beta sighs.

"Well I have to keep things interesting." Luca laughs.

"So what's the catch?" Bentley asks.

Luca looks at me and smirks.

"Your mate cannot be on your team."

"Luca." Anna says standing up.

"Thats not fair!" Blake says standing up.

"This should be fun." Ashton laughs while Kendra gives him a blank look.

The crowd whispers amongst themselves before Luca clears his throat.

"Wait, what if you don't have a mate?" I ask.

"You will be randomly placed into a team." Luca smiles.

He then turns back to the crowd.

"Alrighty, so let's get this over with and determine teams. Once we are done you will be give a bandana to place somewhere visible on your body. After that, you will have one hour to strategize with your captain and team."

Everyone claps and rises.

"Cousin." Luca says motioning for Bentley to stand beside him.

"Since I'm the guest, I get to pick first." Bentley says and everyone laughs.

"Choose two." Luca smirks.

"Ashton and Greyson." Bentley says raising his eyebrow with a smirk.

The boys step to the left.

"So I get the girls." Luca laughs.

"Good Luck." Bentley laughs into the Mike earning a slap from Dana as she walks to Luca's side.

I follow since I already know I'm on Luca's team, and Anna does the same.

"I'll take Karlie Ann and Antonio."

▫   ▫   ▫

Teams finally concluded, we are now on the farthest side of the wooded territory waiting for the signal to begin.

Luca came up with strategy to set up sort of groups I guess you could say.

One group is defense lead surprisingly by Dana. They will stay on our side guarding the flag who is personally guarded by Antonio and taking out anyone who comes to our side.

Luca though it was a great idea since Dana is psychic and can see our opponents coming.

We then have a Rescuing group led by Karlie Ann to save our memebers when they are taken to jail.

We then have capturures led by Blake (My boy) to try and capture the flag.

And finally we set up a secret group that will sneak to the flag. This includes myself, Luca, Luca's third in command Maritza, which is pretty badass, she has full on tattoo sleeves and is so pretty, and Carter a guard from our pack.