Chapter 11: Antipossession Charms

"Alright... I'll admit right now, walking through the Tunnels are freaky af." Kayla tells me, while sticking to my side. Yes, the tunnels are dark... There's only a light every 200 feet or so, and it's not even that bright. So we have to either walk in the dark and face our probable death, or use light and face our... Probable death. So there's no winning either way.

"Don't worry, we're almost there. It's not much longer." I tell her, trying to calm her nerves a bit. "If you say so." She says. "Look, there it is!" I run up ahead a bit as the arch of what looks like it would be a room shows up. "Welcome to Florida." I say and we walk through. "we're in Florida? How? We were only walking for 20 minutes." She asks, looking around the town of Orlando. "The caster Tunnels are fast to travel. You can be in California in under and hour." I tell her.

We walk up to a building and walk in. It's an abandoned building and no one has been here for years. Luckily, Mario has taken over and sells his stuff here for Casters. "Hey Leonardo! What ya got for us today?" I yell, not seeing him anywhere.

"Tori! Ah... Welcome welcome.. Please... Come  in. My home is your home. Now, what can I help you with?" He speaks calmly with his strong Italian accent. "I need an AntiPossession charm. Well, my friend needs it. She's paying for it." I tell him. "Ah...! Yes, I can do that for you." He pops down behind his desk and soon comes out a bit later. "Here we are..." He says and puts it on the desk.

"Perfect. Thank you." I tell him, "Now... Are you new?" He looks at Kayla. She nods. "Beautiful. So that will be $100. You have a discount for buying new from me." He smiles and puts the charm in a box. Putting cotton on the bottom and the top of it. Kayla hands him the crisp 100 dollar bill. He takes it and puts it in his money pouch. "Perfect. Enjoy." He smiles and we wave and leave.

"He's nice." Kayla says and shoves the box carefully in her backpack. I nod, agreeing with her as we head back into the hatch that leads to the tunnels. I completely skip the short ladder that's there and jump down. My converse echoing as they land on the cement. "You need to be careful! You could have hurt yourself." Kayla yells at me. She isn't very happy with me doing reckless stuff sometimes. I chuckle as she makes her way down the ladder.

"I'm sorry I scare you. I'm just reckless sometimes. Now come on, let's go home." I tell her, trying to reassure her that everything is okay. She nods and we make our way home, trying to be quiet as possible so we don't erupt anything front he depths of hell.