Chapter 16: Recovery

*Kayla's POV*

"She got hit by a tree.. Because of Saraphine.." Tori says as she's talking to someone.

"A TREE?!" Alfred yells through the phone, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN A TREE?!" He asks with a concern in his voice. Aww, Alfred. But yes. I got hit by a tree. So there's that.

"Yes. I'm sorry. She got hit by a tree by Saraphine." Tori says. "I'm gonna kill her!" Alfred yells. "Don't worry. I already did." She says.

"Oh. Well I'm gonna raise her from the dead and kill her myself!" Alfred says. "You can't. Because you won't be able to kill her. Then I'll have to kill her again." She says.

Wow, Tori, telling it as it is, I guess. "Oh." Alfred says. "Well I'm coming home. I have to see her. I need to know she's okay." He says.

*Third person POV*

Tori sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose, "Alfred.. She's fine. Just, please stay there for now?" She asks, obviously frustrated with him at the moment.

"No, Tori! I need to see her. I have to know she's fine and see it for myself." He insists. Tori sits and thinks about it for a moment before giving in, "Fine. Just.. Hurry up. I don't know what else is out there that wants me dead because I killed Saraphine." She says.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry." Alfred says and quickly hangs up. "Alright then." Tori says and puts her phone away in her pocket. She looks over at Kayla and sighs, "They're on their way home already. Alfred wants to see you." She sits down next to Kayla's bed and sighs softly.

Kayla tries to wake up when she hears Tori say Alfred wants to see her. But she can't. She sighs in her head in frustration, wanting to wake up.

*3 hours later*

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Alfred yells as he walks in the girls house. Tori walks from her room to the living room where Alfred is frantically running around and freaking out. Luke sighs and drops their bags on the floor by the door.

"You could have helped, Al." Luke says and rolls his eyes at the frantic Alfred. Alfred turns to Luke and rolls his eyes as well, "Whatever, Luke. I need to know my Kayla is okay." He says with obvious concern. "Is that such an issue?" He asks and fake pouts. "Yes." Luke says and nods then looks at Tori and smiles. "Hey." He says. Tori smiles back, "Hey." She says.

Alfred groans at the love birds exchange of greeting. "Come on, Tori.. Where is she?" He asks. Tori looks at him and sighs softly, "In her room, Al." She tells him and he runs to Kayla's room. He opens the door and frowns a bit as he sees her unconscious.

"Oh my Kayla.." He says and walks to the brown haired girls bed. "I'm so sorry." He sighs, his expression softened as he looks at the girl he so desperately likes.

He gently takes her hand and softly kisses her knuckles, "Please wake up." He mumbles a bit.

A few minutes later her eyes flutter open and her eyes land on him. "Alfred?" She asks and smiles. He looks at her and nods with a large smile. "It's me." He says.

She lunges at him and hugs him tight, "I'm happy to see you, Al." She whispers into his shoulder. "I'm happy to see you too." He says.

Tori and Luke walk in and smile softly at the two hugging. They break the hug and Kayla lays down again with a small groan.

"Did I get hit by a tree?" She asks and looks at Tori. Tori nods and sighs, "Yeah. By Saraphine. I'm sorry." She says.

"I got hit by a tree?! From Saraphine?" Kayla screeches. "She used my own trick and I was the one who got knocked out?!" She asks, exaggerating the I. "I'm so offended!" She yells and huffs, crossing her arms and sitting back in her bed.

The rest of the group chuckles softly and smiles at the girl.