Chapter 11

~Chapter 11

Naomi's P.O.V

"OH YEAH!" Harry said, cheering and whooping.

"Harry, we haven't even finished the game yet" I said, laughing. He'd made one right move and was whooping and cheering like he'd won. He shook his head and sat back down, still grinning.

We were playing an intense game of chess. One of my strong points.

"So Naomi, tell me what you know about chess," Harry said.

I grinned. "Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chessboard, a checkered gameboard with 64 squares arranged in an eight-by-eight grid. It is one of the world's most popular games, played by millions of people worldwide at home, in clubs, online, by correspondence, and in tournaments."

Harry laughed, "Tell me more."

"Each player begins the game with sixteen pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. Each of the six piece types moves differently. Pieces are used to attack and capture the opponent's pieces, with the objective to 'checkmate' the opponent's king by placing it under an inescapable threat of capture." I paused, "Wait, why do you want to know?"

"Just interested" he sounded innocent, but I could see the smile playing on his lips.

I laughed, "Okay, that's nice"

We played for a little longer, until Harry made a move and looking at the chess board, I burst out laughing.

"What?" Harry asked, "Naomi what?"

Still laughing I made my move and looked up at Harry smugly, "Checkmate."

"Goddammit! I'll beat you in the next game!"

"Oh yeah? Well It's your turn, what shall you choose?" I asked

Harry looked thoughtful for a moment, before leaving the room. I followed him, and stood in the doorway of the kitchen as Harry knocked on Addi's door.

"What is she really bad at?" Harry asked, when she opened the door.

"Darts" Addi replied, "She's terrible at darts."

"Okay, thanks"

"Er.. Harry? Where are we gonna get a dart board from?" I asked. Harry grinned and walked down the hall, me trailing behind him. He stopped outside Zayn's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

Harry walked in and asked Zayn for the dart board.

"Why do you have a dart board on tour?" I asked

"I get bored sometimes, I need something to occupy me. Plus, darts are fun." He said, taking the dart board from the back of the door and handing it to us along with three blue tipped darts. We thanked him and left the room, heading back to the kitchen and hanging the dart board on the wall.

"Let's do this" Harry said, taking the darts in his hand and moving his hand back and forth slowly. He through the first dart, then the second, then the third. Getting three bulls eyes.

He turned and looked at me smugly, "Your turn" I threw first dart then the second, missing the dart board completly both times.

"Urgh, Addi told you I was terrible! How did you do it?" I said.

Harry came and stood behind me, putting his arms around the front of me and placing his hands on mine.

"You move the dart in your hand slowly like this," He said, moving my hands slowly. "Then you draw back.. And throw" We threw the dart and it hit the board, getting a score of 8. Well, at least it hit the board.