text #3

you like me?

i don't know what you're talking about.

you know exactly what i'm talking about.

i was pretty drunk last night.

no you weren't. you told me yourself that you weren't that drunk.

tee?

hello?

i was taking a shower. calm down.

you ignored all my calls last night. well, technically this morning. i couldn't fall back asleep.

sorry. i was tired.

you were trying to avoid me.

what do you want me to say, evan?

the truth.

the truth is, you can't really like someone you've never met. that's not how it works. i don't even know what you look like. i don't know what you're like in person. you could chew like a grizzly bear. you could pick on little kids for fun. you could have a shrine to the spice girls. i don't really know what you're like so i can't really like you.

my shrine is to shrek. i feel like we've been over this.

or even worse, you could be exactly what i imagine. you could be handsome. and funny. and kind. your shrek shrine could be endearing. that would be worse.

how would that be worse?

because that would mean this is real.

what's so bad about this being real?

that would mean you're real.

has anyone ever told you that you're hard to follow? of course i'm real.

and that would make these feelings real.

so let them be real. stop being so scared of everything. let yourself feel something and relish in that feeling.

we don't know each other.

yes, we do.

not really.

meet me.

i don't know, evan.

tee, i want to meet you. i know you think this is all fake. that this relationship we've built is just something that exists over the phone. but it's not. what i'm feeling isn't fake.

what are you feeling?

i like you, teagan.

i'm sorry it took you saying something to make me realize it. but i like you. a lot. and i want to meet you. i want to show you that this is real.